i30 Owners Club

Best & Worst Fuel Consumption Poll

i30Dave · 370 · 88297

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Just thought i would report that i have been only useing Caltex vortex diesel for the past few months now and this last tank i averaged 5 L Per 100K mostly in syd driving fast and with temps low but today its warming up 25's in the country i'm averaging 4.8L 100k stock as a rock 40,500k manuel SX with SLX wheels.

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
Just thought i would report that i have been only useing Caltex vortex diesel for the past few months now and this last tank i averaged 5 L Per 100K mostly in syd driving fast and with temps low but today its warming up 25's in the country i'm averaging 4.8L 100k stock as a rock 40,500k manuel SX with SLX wheels.

Hmm... sorry Lakes, is that attributed to the increase in temps, or the Country Driving Vs Sydney Driving???

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hey Blue, sorry for being confusing mate, don't know myself, but think , as motor gets the K's up gets easier to get good economy, like driving the way i have been in sydney would have got me about 6L 100K last year same time.
i think you will see a drop in your consumption of about .2 or .3 when summer comes. but i don't drive slow, but also i don't normally rev motor hard eather i drive fast in 5th.
cheers

Offline Lofty UK

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Sussex
I have now had my i30 for 10 months - 1.6 cdi manual.
I have covered 14k miles.
I still cannot achieve anything like the mpg that Hyundai quote.
Different types of driving average 48mpg, 50mpg on motorway only - figures verified by calculating no. of litres purchased and miles covered which proves that the trip is disappointingly correct!
Service garage say there is nothing wrong with the car.
Hyundai will take no responsibility, neither will the VCA, Advertising Standards Agency say they are unable to proceed with my complaint as someone else has already made a complaint. There seems to be a cartel operated in the Uk between the Govt and Hyundai!
I am very pleased with the car apart from this issue - the brochure and VCA fgures quoted 60mpg combined - so after 14k miles I feel I should not still be 12mpg short of the quoted figures!
Not happy as I bought this car as opposed to an EcoCar as the mpg was so close to these models.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I have now had my i30 for 10 months - 1.6 cdi manual.
I have covered 14k miles.
Different types of driving average 48mpg, 50mpg on motorway only
Had Fergie for 18 months now, covered exactly 30030 miles. Consumption meter showing 63.5 mpg since last reset many 000's of miles ago. Almost exclusively motorway driving, apart from a handful of miles to get on and off the m/way.

I drive very gently...

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Different types of driving average 48mpg, 50mpg on motorway only - figures verified by calculating no. of litres purchased and miles covered which proves that the trip is disappointingly correct!

Don't forget the figures quoted are - IDEAL - driving conditions. 

This is simulated driving and will be nothing like "normal" driving. 

My view is, if you look at other marques, I wonder how many actually achieve the manufacturers results?

Also,your MPG's will vary depending on how your driving style - hard or gentle acceleration/braking and also the type of traffic you are driving in.

Depending on time of year I'm averaging out between 48 (cold weather reduces MPG's) to 54 (warm weather). 

I drive in a mixture of heavy/light/urban roads and motorway and currently my read out is showing 54.3 MPG
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
My fuel consumption since I've bought the car has been around 5,6-5,8 l/100 km -> (40-42 mpg I think?).. My best was around 5,2-5,3 but not for long.. Well I've had 4,5 l too, but only for 100 kms.

Currently it's showing me 5,8 l/100 km, I usually reset it twice or three times a month.. After a day or two it usually stops like I've said - somewhere between 5,6-5,8..

I think the computer is showing me quite accurate readings, because I fill up the car usually 5 times a month (to the top), but I use only half of the fifth tank - I do a bit over 4,000 kms monthly

I "blame" the highways for my poor (poor compared to your) fuel consumption - It is the highways, that I mostly use.. I'm about 5 miles from the highway and wherever I go I mostly use them. "Normal" roads over here suck..  :rolleyes:
Funny thing is, that two of my friends have Kia Ceed with 1.6 CRDI 115 hp and 90 hp. Their fuel consumption is aroud 6-6,7 lit/100 km.. They have a bit more city-driving, but not that much.. They are also considered as "normal drivers.."

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
1128km - 62.17lt = 5.51lt/100km

Not bad for 2lt auto turbo diesel pushing almost 1.9 ton.

22,000km just starting to free up.

8)

Offline andys101

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Canterbury, Kent, England.
You all need this web site

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/

You put in all your fuel costs etc and it gives you mpg / L/100km etc

Been using it for ages.

You can search for the make of vehicle and see what fuel economy real people are getting!!

Offline andys101

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Canterbury, Kent, England.
Have a look at this one...

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/214566.html

You can also have you economy in your Sig see below, although mine is blank at the mo.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal