i30 Owners Club

Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia.

John B · 10 · 9592

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Gave the i30 a good 840km round trip to Hervey Bay, Queensland last week from my home at the Gold Coast. The i30 ran great and I really enjoyed driving it. I was so pleased with the fuel consumption , on arriving at Hervey Bay after 420km the gauges still showed I could drive another 290km, that was a massive difference from my last car the Ford Falcon. We stayed in an apartment  overlooking the Harbour and I envied the big boats berthed there, certainly a lot of monies worth . Went on a whale watch cruise from 9.30 am until 4.30pm and had a great day, we ended up seeing 12 whales and some of them came so close to the boat and one actually dived under the boat. Most people had expensive cameras with telescopic  lenses , made me embarrassed with my small Cannon power shot because the bottom cover for the batteries and SD card had broken a clip so as a fix I put a small screw in the cover , I sat there when the batteries ran out with my screw driver and changed the batteries much to the amusement of my wife.   :( Took lots of photos but as the camera was so slow to fire up when I pushed the button all I got was a lot of splashes after the Whales had dived apart from that with the boat rolling so much I had shots of the sky, peoples hats, my shoes, empty sea, and some nice haircuts of the people in front. :-[  Anyway had a great 5 days and the i30 got a good run. :goodjob2:

• Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
Took lots of photos but as the camera was so slow to fire up when I pushed the button all I got was a lot of splashes after the Whales had dived apart from that with the boat rolling so much I had shots of the sky, peoples hats, my shoes, empty sea, and some nice haircuts of the people in front.
:lol: :lol: :lol:  Never mind John, most of those camera geeks are just posers  :whistler:
You framed one good photo at least.
Had an '86 Ford Falcon when I lived in Melbourne - drank petrol and the rear diff. collapsed when I left The Dandelongs  :scared:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Thank's Mike,  You have got to laugh though , I  had all the intentions of getting these fabulous photos but as the wife would say to me " dreaming ".  Had a good run with the Falcon when I had it but it sure liked a drink. Had a couple of more photos but when I uploaded them on Imgur  I could not get the side panel to show that allowed you to put  them on the forum only seemed to show it for the one photo. Must be doing some thing wrong. Ages since I posted multiple photos anyway managed to post the one . I will have a play around with Imgur and see what I am doing wrong. :undecided:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
More photos from Hervey Bay trip. As you can see I managed to post more than one this time. :happydance:

The Whale watch boat we went on.

The view from the apartment we stayed at.

• Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Thank's Craig , They came out ok thank's to my screwdriver. :snigger: Must mention the Freedom whale watch boat crew and skipper they provided morning tea ,lunch & afternoon tea ,as much as you wanted and the commentary was terrific. Most of the other boats only went out for half a day at the same cost. They deserve the good reviews they have received on Trip Advisor. :goodjob2:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 15:58:39 by John B »
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
Nothing wrong with those photos John, looks like you had lovely weather, raining here (UK) - as usual  :(

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Good one John! Thanks... Hervey Bay is a great spot!

Ironically I have ended up with 4 fairly good still cameras and a couple  3 video cameras, but nearly always just use my phone camera!  :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Good one John! Thanks... Hervey Bay is a great spot!

Ironically I have ended up with 4 fairly good still cameras and a couple  3 video cameras, but nearly always just use my phone camera!  :crazy1:

Because it is the most convenient and readily available.

I have a Nikon DSLR - but most photos I take are 'snaps'... where you don't really have time to setup OR it isn't needed... like photos as you pull a car, or other things, to pieces.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Thank's Dazz, my daughter only uses her Apple  i phone for photos and they turn out pretty good, I have an HTC phone it takes not bad photos but like the camera I used on the boat  you have to rely on looking at the screen to see what you are taking and in the sun I can't see a thing.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal