i30 Owners Club

Front tires are scrubbing badly

Offline scraggs1949

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
I have an I30 diesel 2014 and the front tires are scrubbing badly. I will have to replace very soon. Took the car back to the dealer and they checked the alignment and said that it was within specs. I took it to a wheel aligner where I normally get tires and he tells me I need to get camber bolts otherwise I will be getting new tires long before they reach the wear bands. Went back to the dealer with this info and they are not prepared to do anything about the problem. emailed Hyundai Australia last week and haven't heard from them yet. Anyone have the same problems? Or am I the only one?

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
When I had a wheel alignment on my i30 diesel the mechanic said that it actually needs to be "out of spec" for the tyres not to scrub.

Not sure what he did but the front tyres haven't scrubbed like they did originally and it was all done without the need for camber bolts...  :undecided:

Oh, and don't hold your breath waiting for Hyundai Australia, I can tell you now, you're gonna be very disappointed with their response..lol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal