i30 Owners Club

Immobiliser Light on and not starting

Offline ManyHairs

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Hi, the immobiliser light is on the dash and the car cranks over, but does not start. I saw a post about the possibility of the EM11 connector getting wet and oxidizing, (cant find the post now).
Anyone tell me where the EM11 connector is located exactly? I have tried disconnecting the battery for a while and tried the spare key, no luck. Any help would be great....cheers
  • i30

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi, the immobiliser light is on the dash and the car cranks over, but does not start. I saw a post about the possibility of the EM11 connector getting wet and oxidizing, (cant find the post now).
Anyone tell me where the EM11 connector is located exactly? I have tried disconnecting the battery for a while and tried the spare key, no luck. Any help would be great....cheers

Heard of SEARCH? Pretty sure that will work for EM11, I got two hits and saw the word oxidising
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
This may be LHD but give you an idea.  Could be defective antenna on the ignition barrell or smartra module?

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Heard of SEARCH? Pretty sure that will work for EM11, I got two hits and saw the word oxidising

Little harsh on a new member maybe???
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Little harsh on a new member maybe???

Oh, ok . Sorry :rolleyes:  I figure if people can search google and find this forum , then have a key word then the the same function will yield the desired result.

Sorry ManyHairs if you were offended. A little tough love.

I did however spend a reasonable amount of time then looking for a helpful answer.

I'm calling it evens :happydance:

Offline ManyHairs

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
All good. I appreciate the photos and assistance.
Sometimes when the car is on the side of the road and the Mrs is on you to get it sorted without spending a dime, one isn't thinking clearly.
Cheers guys.
By the way, it has cost me a bloody fortune. Over $1K for an antenna and then a smart module?? All to stop someone stealing the car...what ever happen to those ugly steering locks for $50 bucks :)
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Wow. That was a lot. :disappoint:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal