i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i45

eye30 · 120 · 46550

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
and right after the white i30 with no rear badges  :idea:which was just in front of me pulled off towards Deception Bay :idea:

i wonder whom that might have been!! *shiftey eyes, then slowly raises hand*

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
and right after the white i30 with no rear badges  :idea:which was just in front of me pulled off towards Deception Bay :idea:

i wonder whom that might have been!! *shiftey eyes, then slowly raises hand*

Yeah. We've confirmed by pm, two members had a "close encounter" yesterday evening.
Pretty freaky when you think about it. About 1500 members around the world and two of us were one lane apart at 5.10pm yesterday.

Cool.

Trev
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline jamiec

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania

• in Tasmania
Seen my first i45 tonight at work looks better at the back then the front i think but it was a bit dark :'( must say it does draw your attention to it as it was very noticable parked in with the other cars. Very nice car hope it is still here in the morning so ican have a better look at it :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
They look terrific in White and Silver, quite nice in Burgundy but not so good in dark grey...

Hey Jamie I'll PM you... :wink:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jamiec

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania

• in Tasmania

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Think they have a White one at Motors Burnie at the moment.. Damn I like the look of them shame I got such a good deal on a Camry Hybrid Luxury Demo (see PM for more details)  :wink: :-[

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

This is interesting ... particularly the video half way down...

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/31/hyundai-sonata-hybrid-new-york-2010/

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Latest Wheels magazine has a comparison between an I45, Suzuki Kizashi, Honda Accord and Mazda 6 .. i45 came last due to that ride/ handling and steering combo that all the reviews keep harping about.. the quicker Hyundai get that sorted the better (It's probably cost them a sale to me) :'(

These comparos are fairly vague compared to how they used to be.. (in all the auto mags) I used to like the days when they compared braking distances, g forces etc etc.. The reviews are all about perceptions and feelings now (very few facts and figures that are not available in the Company brochure)  :rolleyes:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

You may or may not know that Hyundai have sorted the handling / ride issues with the i45 in Australia as a response to the caning they were getting from the local reviewers...

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/50937/2011-hyundai-i20-i30-i45-ix35-updated-new-equipment-and-variants

NOW there is talk of a wagon variant...Will be interested to see one that isn't disguised..

http://www.caradvice.com.au/86945/hyundai-i4540-wagon-spy-photos/

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I saw a burgundy i45 Active (base model) with 16'' alloys and cloth trim in the holding yard of local Hyundai Dealer today.. Didn't look too bad, although they are still about A$32,500 drive away I think...(No photo sorry as it was pretty dirty and crammed in)

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
This earned a spot on our television news last night - something along the lines of one of the cheapest to buy - one of the safest to drive.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/51092/hyundai-i45-holden-barina-spark-earn-ancap-5-star-crash-safety-ratings

and a link to this

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/50349/2010-hyundai-i45-active-elite-premium-road-test-review

Also pretty sure I saw it badged as a Sonata in Canada.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Still not many on the road.. although should build over time you would suspect...Suzuki Kizashi is a bit slow to sell as well by all accounts.. :cool:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Still not many on the road.. although should build over time you would suspect...Suzuki Kizashi is a bit slow to sell as well by all accounts.. :cool:
Don't see many Camry Hybrids either.... :wink:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good point.. Although I think the new adverts have lifted the numbers a bit (A lot of people look at my car - more so since the adverts which make them sound even more amazing than they are)  :wink:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I think it has something to do with the Australian psyche and "family sized" cars.
If they like that size they can't see past Holden, Ford and Toyota - and only with "normal" petrol engines. :rolleyes:

Offline MrZ

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Melbourne, 2010 i45 Premium
i45 has outsold it's rival Kizashi for 2010!  2,038 versus 1,448.  It even beat it's cheaper sibling the Elantra (2,030) which is quite embarassing considering i45 was only on sale for half the year.  Of course, fleet sales are probably a chunk of i45 sales, while Kizashi would be almost entirely private buyers.

At the current sales rate, i45 should exceed 4,000 sales in 2011, which is respectable (and exceeds any year of the previous NF model), but does not come close to Sonata's record 1997 when over 7,000 were sold.  That figure will likely never be matched, because medium cars just aren't as popular today as they were in the mid 90s, and back then the Sonata sold for about $22,990. 

Anyway, I almost forgot to introduce myself.  I just joined up today, and I own a white i45 Premium, which I bought new in June, and have done nearly 5,000km so far.  :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Anyway, I almost forgot to introduce myself.  I just joined up today, and I own a white i45 Premium, which I bought new in June, and have done nearly 5,000km so far.  :D

Welcome Dave... Glad you joined up  :D

You've got a nice car there.. If I could have got the deal I got on my Camry Hybrid on a White Premium i45 I probably would have bought one.. White really sets off the i45's sexy lines and the black moonroof makes it look even better  :goodjob:

Interesting figures for the i45 versus the Kizashi .. I like the Kizashi too but almost a class smaller..

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Welcome Dave :D

Sent from my 1000ET
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Welcome.

Offline MrZ

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi again Dave.. Did you get your factory alloys chromed  :Shocked: They look great!

Would yours have the revised suspension? What sort of feedback can you give us... :winker:

Pros and Cons  :question:

I would be interested to know how your actual economy compares with the ADR figure of 7.9 LPH

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
looks great with the chrome rims.  :mrgreen: and I'm not usually a fan of  chrome.  :wink:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline MrZ

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Nah, they are just plastic chrome plated hubcaps I bought for $70 on Ebay :D  They just snap on over the existing wheels.  They look brilliant though and nobody would guess they are phony.

My model is the original without the revised setup.  I got it in June 2010 less than a month after it went on sale.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Nah, they are just plastic chrome plated hubcaps I bought for $70 on Ebay :D  They just snap on over the existing wheels.  They look brilliant though and nobody would guess they are phony.

:Shocked: First time I've seen someone put plastic cover over mag wheels  :undecided: (although they do look good.. :goodjob:)

Offline MrZ

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Well, both my left wheels had bad scrapes, so this covers them up very nicely.  New wheels would have been $250 each.  This was alot cheaper.  But that wasn't why I did it. 

Anyway fuel economy is nothing special.  Usually hovers around 12.5L doing only city driving.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Anyway fuel economy is nothing special.  Usually hovers around 12.5L doing only city driving.

This was one of the reasons I opted for our Camry Hybrid as with stop start technology it is as economical in the city as it is on the highway .. My average by the trip computer over the past 5000 or so KMs since I last cleared it) is 6.4 LPH ... I do prefer the look of the i45 though (particularly the premium in the white) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline MrZ

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Keep in mind I'm in inner Melb with very congested traffic.  Being in Tassie you would get a much better figure than what I'm getting.  The other day on a 15km or so freeway trip I got about 6.4L.  It's also probably to do with my driving style as well.  I tend to maximise every bit of torque/power it's got :D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:05:32 by MrZ »

Offline MrZ

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Another closer up view of the chrome wheels:

Actually they cost me $70 + $80 shipping from the US.  Still, for $150 or $37.50 per wheel they were good value.  To get the actual wheels chrome plated would cost over $700 USD and that would require shipping them to the US to get it done as there are no places in Australia that do it.  Or you could pay $1600 for a set of already chrome plated wheels, plus shipping :)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
They don't look too bad..... :goodjob:

But then I'm a fan of chrome or highly polished alloy wheels........ :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Dave,

Interestingly enough I parked in front of a white Premium i45 (basically identical to yours today) and the front mag was really badly grazed  :disapp: I can see how you did yours....I tried to take a photo of the badly scratched wheel with my phone but the memory card was full (of music)  :mad:

The way the wheels are designed they protude quite a bit outside the low profile tyres. My Alloys are well inside my tyres and although I have rubbed my tyres on the curb a few times not a mark on the wheels. :sweating:

The Chome covers are very similar to the factory alloys and they look great even close up.. :goodjob:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal