i30 Owners Club

Thermostat location

Offline Blackpanther44

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Middlesex
Hi I am new to this forum. I have a i30 crdi Premium on a 2009 plate, which I love.  It's now done just over 100,000 miles and has loads of life left in it,  Had a problem in the summer with coolant leaking in my drivers side footwell. Realised the heating matrix had packed up.  Had it repaired and the carpets taken up cleaned and replaced.  Now it's winter the car is still not heating up in the cabin as it should.  Can anyone tell me where I can find the the thermostat as that is what I have been told is not working correctly.  Thanks
  • Hyundai i30 CRDI Premium

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
The thermostat is going to be located inside the housing at the engine end of the top radiator hose. That will be the right side when viewed front on.

Where does the temp sit on the guage when you're driving? Does the heater flap door work/ move when you adjust the temp?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Blackpanther44

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Middlesex
Hi thank you however the photo you sent bears no resemblance to my engine.  I will take a picture tomorrow and send it to you. 

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
There's always that bit of info missing like what motor , so obviously it's the2.0 SOHC D4EA, it will also be located at the end of the radiator hose inside th ehousing at the engine end, but top left under that massive plastic cover.

Radiator cap marks the spot :goodjob2: Good time for a coolant flush if that's coming out if it has not had new coolant yet. I've got some gruesome images of a D4ea that was neglected and rusted out the head gasket.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 21:42:39 by tw2005 »

Offline Blackpanther44

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Middlesex
Hi changed the thermostat but still not getting any heat in the cabin.  Do you have a diagram of where the heating flap is? Does the dashboard need to be removed?
Thanks

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi changed the thermostat but still not getting any heat in the cabin.  Do you have a diagram of where the heating flap is? Does the dashboard need to be removed?
Thanks
Depends, probably not if it's the stepper motor, there's one for direction, one for temp

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Actually you're going to have climate control, so looks like there's more actuators but here's the exploded parts. 97236E fsr left is the actuator for temp

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
If you locate the 2 hoses at the firewall for the heater, are they both hot?

Offline Blackpanther44

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Middlesex
Thxs will let my mechanic have this info to do some investigation

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal