i30 Owners Club

New I30 Fastback 2021 High Cabin Noise

Offline pantelis

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
      Athens
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a new 2021 edition I30 Fastback and i was wondering if the high cabin noise when going over 20 km/h is normal. I have observed that the road quality plays a major factor on the levels of the bleed in noise, but the level is absurd non the less for a new car. Should i contact my local Huyndai dealer for a check maybe?

Thanks for your responses!
  • 2021 I30 5 Door Fastback, Petrol 1.5lt, Manual, Grey

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
I've owned a lot of cars.

Hatches, wagons and fastback are a lot more noisy than a sedan by nature of design.

My i30 wagon is a lot quieter after a change in tyres.

I did notice coming to the i30 that whilst it rides really good it's up there in regards to cabin noise.

Short of adding dyna mat under the carpet or putting deadener under the car a quieter tyre is about it.

I daresay of you takeit back to dealer no fault will be found due to above musings.

Not saying that it won't hurt to check of course

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I have to agree. The right choice of tyre makes a significant difference. Fresh rubber will be noticeable, and it will generally get noisier as it wears. Low profile is probably a contributor as well. Downgrading to smaller rims and matching higher profile tyres could also help, although the handling may become sloppier. It's all compromise.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal