i30 Owners Club

??? Sun Roof Leak ???

Offline JJF3RD

• 1st Gear
Greetings again and hope all are well. Suspecting that sunroof may be causing/contributing to the recently discovered wet front passenger floor in my '10 (purchased in AUG '22). Wet vac'd a foot bath from the front passenger floor about a month ago and let it dry out for several days. First noticed a small amount of wetness there shortly prior to that but I thought someone may have just spilled something, not suspecting a leak. Although the AC's never used due to a system psi issue, by many accounts the drain tube's a typical culprit so I blew it out with some air.  While at it, I completely detailed the rain tray and the cabin filter box then poured water from the top of the windshield which appeared to drain well from both wheel wells without evidence of any leaking inside. Still however, noticing occasional bit of wet floor since. I bought a wagon specific cover for it and need to identify and correct the issue now ASAP. Crazy rain this season here and the "go-to" alternative is my 6L Suburban 2500 . . . yea, it'$ painful ⛽⛽⛽⛽. I've seen where clogged sunroof drains could be a cause but I can't get a clear visual on them with this lifted. As I'm looking for them I'm noticing that the assembly itself seems to lift a titch just after it seals closed. I've watched a few Y'Tube vids showing removal of the overhead panel and adjusting the mechanism with a hex tool however, none of them were specifically for this one or other Hyundai models so I'm inclined to NOT experiment with it LOL. Thoughts & intel as always are greatly appreciated . . . 😉🤞
  • 2010 i30 2.0L Automatic

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal