i30 Owners Club

2011 Touring Rear Wiper Issues

GBT · 4 · 1817

Offline GBT

• 1st Gear

• Ontario
Rear wiper stopped working on my 2011 Touring 2.0L Petrol MT

1. I changed the motor to a certified refurbished unit, it didn't fix the issue.
2. I changed the relay on the left side in the rear (part  952252d500-ds) - still no dice.

When I turn on the switch to activate the wiper, the relay clicks a few times, pauses, and clicks a few times... but the motor never activated.

I don't want to throw any more money at parts without better insight. 

Would appreciate your help.
  • 2011 Elantra Touring 2.0 MT

Offline PGN I30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
A better insight would be invest in a multimeter, you wouldn't have wasted money on a motor or relay after testing them if they are not faulty,👍

Offline GBT

• 1st Gear

• Ontario
I do have a multimeter. I have very little experience with circuits in general, so my testing was not super effective.  I have the correct voltage at most points along the route, but voltage from the switch on the stalk seems iffy.  at 300,000 kms and 13 years old, I thought changing the relay and motor wasn't a bad idea, regardless, on the off-chance that it might fix the issue.

Your point is well made, but not super helpful in terms of what to do next... 
  • 2011 Elantra Touring 2.0 MT

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Have you checked the earth bonding side of the circuit. Maybe a dodgy (high impedance) earth connection. Another test for the multimeter.

I don't know how easy this would be to do in practice, but you could inject voltage downstream of the switch to see if the relay and motor then perform, so help identify the switch contacts as the culprit. 
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal