What do you think of these little mods?

Dazzler · 28 · 10096

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Our M8 Dorian made these for us with his laser cutting machine.. This is about the fourth time he has made us wheel badges to make our aftermarket alloys look like Factory ones  :goodjob:

and we found a Sports Badge picture on google which we modified and got him to cut out in some plastic with a brushed aluminium finish 20cm long for the back and 30cm long for the sides of the car (all these items are stuck on with dabs of clear neutral cure Silicon - hope you like them)  :winker:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
They look great, Daz.... :goodjob:

Not sold on the actual wheels, but...you both love them so what the heck! :-\

Offline TrishCW

• 5th Gear
  • SWMBO at Dazzler's House

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• My little "GEM"
They look great, Daz.... :goodjob:

Not sold on the actual wheels, but...you both love them so what the heck! :-\

The wheels would not have been my first choice either but that's the best they had in the 15", for the price Daz wanted to pay. I'm happy with the size of the wheels though.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i think those mods look great.  :goodjob: :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

i think those mods look great.  :goodjob: :razz:

Thanks M8..Trish and I are happy  :D

Sorry about the photos limited room as raining outside.. :confused:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
I thought I'd add my efforts.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Love the wheels and the sport badge  :goodjob: not so keen on the Window Mesh or the fuel cover (to be completely honest)

Offline TrishCW

• 5th Gear
  • SWMBO at Dazzler's House

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• My little "GEM"
Really like your wheels UM  and I love your sports badge. Your car looks great  :goodjob:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Really like your wheels UM  and I love your sports badge. Your car looks great  :goodjob:

Thanks Trish. I brought the rims on ebay for $250...yes, $250, including freight from Sydney to Brisbane(Sold my original steel rims for $150 :D :D). They are genuine Hyundai 18" x 7.5" rims and have made a huge difference to the way the car looks and handles. The hub covers are off ebay. I have a set of Hyundai valve stem nuts to set the whole show off :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Love the wheels and the sport badge  :goodjob: not so keen on the Window Mesh or the fuel cover (to be completely honest)

Thanks Dazzler. Yep, I love the wheels too. I'm thinking of putting a couple of sport badges on the doors as you have done.

I'm thinking of getting a clear fuel cover off ebay to replace the chrome one.

I really like the bonnet gas struts too, they are wicked :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
What were the wheels off?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Hey beerman, The chap I brought them from on ebay said they were off an i30, but I think they may be off an i45. They are definitely Hyundai genuine rims.

The Bob Jane tech who fitted the tyres said they were an exact match for my car, so I'm a happy camper.  :razz: :razz:

Offline Ozbrum

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
Hiya UM,
Great pics ..... Is that the genuine Hyundai roof cross bars you have and how much were they ?
Real good having the gas struts for the bonnet, You've certainly got one special i30cw now with all the gear without it being OTT well done.

:goodjob:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Hiya UM,
Great pics ..... Is that the genuine Hyundai roof cross bars you have and how much were they ?
Real good having the gas struts for the bonnet, You've certainly got one special i30cw now with all the gear without it being OTT well done.

Gas Struts are a cheap mod, Ozbrum...see HERE  :)

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Hiya UM,

Thanks Ozbrum. Yep, roof racks are the genuine Hyundai WhisPar racks. They were about $400 from memory, which I thought was way to expensive when I brought the car.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Hey beerman, The chap I brought them from on ebay said they were off an i30, but I think they may be off an i45. They are definitely Hyundai genuine rims.

The Bob Jane tech who fitted the tyres said they were an exact match for my car, so I'm a happy camper.  :razz: :razz:

So I45 wheels just bolt on??? That's good to know!!  I'm having a look around for a set of mags for mine. Do all Hyundai  wheels fit every model?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

The Bob Jane tech who fitted the tyres said they were an exact match for my car, so I'm a happy camper.  :razz: :razz:
So I45 wheels just bolt on??? That's good to know!!  I'm having a look around for a set of mags for mine. Do all Hyundai  wheels fit every model?

Only if they're 5 stud.  :wink:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline jabber

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Blacktown, NSW
hi UM!
great pics & excellent mods  :goodjob:  did you have you car lowered as well?  did you have any issues after having those 18" rims fitted in ... like change in speedo reading or tyres scraping inside the fenders?  i'm considering having mine fitted with 18" wheels as well but just worried i might go out of spec  :rolleyes:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

hi UM!
great pics & excellent mods  :goodjob:  did you have you car lowered as well?  did you have any issues after having those 18" rims fitted in ... like change in speedo reading or tyres scraping inside the fenders?  i'm considering having mine fitted with 18" wheels as well but just worried i might go out of spec  :rolleyes:

Hi jabber, Thanks for your kind words. No I haven't had the car lowered. I think it looks a bit that way because the wheels fill the wheel arch cavity so well.

No, no trouble at all with the rims, no scrapping or rubbing. As I said they are genuine Hyundai rims. No trouble with the speedo being out either. I used a link that someone posted on here (might be in tyres forum) that calculated a difference of 0.25% slower with the new wheels.

Only drawbacks I have found is that the car rides slightly rougher and is a little noisier. But my stereo fixes that. :wink: :wink:

I hope you go ahead with the 18" rims as they look great and as far as I'm concerned, make the car handle a lot better.

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
Nice mods I have a few plus some additional check them out :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

We replaced the "home made" sport badge on Trish's car with this one off ebay (under $7 including "free" postage..

and a while back I got a couple of these "power badges" off Ebay for my car for a similar figure ... :D

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Well done, Dazzler. I bet Trish's car goes faster now :D :D :D :D

Mine were about that price too, including postage. I really don't know how the Koreans can do it so cheap.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Very nice, and what adhesive do you use, I am guessing it's not super glue ??????

Mr Griptight

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Very nice, and what adhesive do you use, I am guessing it's not super glue ??????

Mr Griptight

I was going to use Silicone which worked a treat on the "home made" laser cut  badges we had before but both these came with good quality double sided tape already on them... :goodjob2:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Mr Griptight

I was going to use Silicone which worked a treat on the "home made" laser cut  badges we had before but both these came with good quality double sided tape already on them... :goodjob2:

I had a look round fleabay Daz these are the only mods I would feel comfy with these days  :)....   I might lash out a couple of UKP's and get one, they apparently come with there own sticky....   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
What I would really like is this image as a decal to stick on my car, obviously I would do a better drawing tho

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Just to be sure that nop-one gets the wrong idea (DAZZ) I feel I must explain.  The poor bunny wabbit in front is visually impaired and the very nice bunny wabbit behind is attempting to guide the poor little thing to St Dunstance Hospital, she hasn't been isseud a white stick yet.

I know that some people will always attempt to put the worst possible spin on things.....   to those folks all I can say is :-

Honi soit qui mal y pense   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal