i30 Owners Club

try, try and try again

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

After endless frustrations with photobucket, which I find clumsy, crude and unhelpful (sorry if anyone has shares in the firm) I have eventually found something to upload.  This is after giving them some of my pension <sigh> and receiving an unhelpful customer support email.

Anyhow, don't waste your time watching it, it rubbish really just a quick look at what I can get away with.   

Mr Grumpy  :blubber:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
One of our hard working MODS can delete this from the server after a reasonable interval PLEEEEEEEEZZZZ.  I just want a little time to check it out and perhaps a few other might as well. 

This was made on the in car video device from China discussed in a recent thread between Shambles, myself et al.   As you can see the in car device does seem to work OK.  If the quality looks dodgy I have to advise you that when I rendered it to my hard drive I used the lowest possible quality, I refer you back to the upload problems with Ph/bucket, I felt the need to reduce the size, since they really, really, REALLY want you to upload nice little single images, not video  :fum: which of course will soon fill their hard drives up.

Photobucket it seems do not allow Video of more that ten minutes, or 400 odd megs, I suspect that these limits are tweaked in a downwards direction as I struggle with 399???

Also the upload speed using the web based up loader is agonizingly slow, so I bought to PRO membership so that I could use the File Transfer Protocol with which I am far more at ease, but alas that also seemed to be throttled back so no advantage there. 

All in all, I guess I shouldn't grumble, as we used to say back in those heady DOS 6.1 days on the Bulletin Boards, it's the speed of free, so quit whining Asa

Mr Grumpy

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Here's a tip. Use the "Direct Link" provided by PB rather than either of the "IMG code" or "IMG Thumb" links, as our forum software will wrap your link in a friendly tag anyway :goodjob:

Now, let's have a look at that video...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Oh ya mean like this   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OK thanks Steve

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Well, you sure went through a whole host of emotions in that :lol:

Bring on psychedlia! Followed by daleks and thermal imaging. Wrap those in hotel lobby music and we have the next George Lucas :D

Good effort Asa :goodjob:

Now, where's that delete button got to......

EDIT: Oh, another has appeared. Joy oh joy  :scared:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Oh yes the Lift music.....   Well that was another thing they said in the unhelpful email, which was 'if you include any copyright music we'll brick you up'.  OK they didn't actually use those inflammatory words, but you have to allow me some poetic license surely.

I just asked why, in there expert opinion, I might be having problems with my uploads.  I didn't think that would rub the techi support guy up the wrong way.  Oh um.

Still Grumpy...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Asa .. You couldn't rub anyone up the wrong way (you are too funny) i enjoyed the vids...

So that is a English housing estate??  My Welsh friend's Teenage son said "cripes you could fit a 'ole housing estate on this plot" when he came to visit our place.. :lol:

I quite like the uniformity of the buildings (we don't get that over here) Trish has a thing about everything matching and it must be rubbing off on me... :winker:

Maybe when you get more confident you can upload to Youtube (you can make it so your link is only shared with those you want to rather than everyone) the upload limit is 2GB and 15 minutes long (I am approved for more than 15 minutes now  :mrgreen:)

Thanks again for sharing ... I think secretly you are having fun.. and I'm sure most will enjoy your written commentry as much as the accompanying video  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
That's it Dazz..

Private ownership houses are built just a tad larger than a decent dog kennel, if my dog wants to roll over in the night I have to take a deep breath in (and he's a tiny Shi tsu (SP?).  On the other hand if you live in a social housing (usually referred to here as council housing) over here, you get lovely big rooms with lots of garden and all the repairs and maintenance done for ya.   AAAaaagggghhhhh...  OK I won't go into a full on rant otherwise I'll be up all night  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Speaking of Trish, I hasten to explain that the bridge in the latest video isn't as it appears to be, a railway bridge, it's a tram car bridge.  So, the thing is Trish, just ignore it  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now then Dazz, I think I see whatcha mean.  Is it, upload to YouTube then just put the link here?  Dam, I am so stupid, I paid for Pro membership of PB, I am gonna be sobbing into my pillow tonight, I hate wasting money.

Finally, well finally for now, I do enjoy a little challenge and this is a nice one for me.  In my other life I am an artist, although I haven't been practicing for a while now. This sorta brings me to the digital arts a little.   Although when I come back to something after years it takes me ages to remember stuff, I have to get the books out and re-read stuff.   I could go back to my old Uni and see if I could use their digital editing stuff, or maybe not, most of the university stuff for digital imaging was on Mac's.   Anyhow, yes, I am enjoying it. :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Good stuff Mr Grumpy.

Looking forward to more of it.

Trev
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
 :goodjob: :goodjob:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :mrgreen: :goodjob:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Enjoyed the vids.

In the first I you let a young lady across the road.  What a gentleman..

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
... you let a young lady across the road.  What a gentleman..

In our neck of the woods, that's called "ogling" :lol:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
:
... you let a young lady across the road.  What a gentleman..

In our neck of the woods, that's called "ogling" :lol:
:P :lol:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
2i30s....

That's just plain rude...    I mean there's no need to draw it to everyone's attention  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

However, since you mention it, I have to be honest and say that 'Ogling is my only pleasure these day..............' <sniff sniff>

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
2i30s....

That's just plain rude...    I mean there's no need to draw it to everyone's attention  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

However, since you mention it, I have to be honest and say that 'Ogling is my only pleasure these day..............' <sniff sniff>
its called window shopping. :idea: :wink:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
2i30s....

its called window shopping. :idea: :wink:

2i30s....  HAh a haha
It's called winder shopping in yer forties....  When approaching 70 it's called lets try to remember.....  or, lets no bother  :blubber: :blubber: :blubber: :blubber: :blubber: :blubber:

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
I found the first video to be pretty entertaining :goodjob:
Music was perfect fit...
If b&w then it could be a match to Chaplin's best early products :sweating:
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal