i30 Owners Club

2015 i30 Questions

Offline Gazza43

• 1st Gear

• nz New Zealand
      NZ, Waikato
Recently purchased a 2015 (MY7/14) i30 CRDI Elite.  Well looked after and maintained, and we are very happy with it.

Unfortunately, didn't come with owner's handbook (we have one on back order from Korea) and have a few questions on the car.

1.  I thought they only came with one type of engine, but from looking at various spares and accessories websites it seems that there are two or three variants; all 1.6 litre, but with different output.  If this is correct, how do I find out which one is in our car?

2.  What display information is available on the dash screen?  There is the Temp and Fuel gauge and we have the odometer and trip meter, but can you call up other information such as Distance Until Empty, External Temperature or anything like that?  I cannot see or find any control that seems to control that sort of display, if it is possible.

3.  Is there any version or variant of this model that came with Day Running Lights?  If so, is it much of a job to fit them?  Also, where is best place to get them from?  Parts in NZ are expensive from what local dealer told me, so if they are available anywhere else it might be a better option to source them from there.

4.  Do any of the i30 models come with voice activation for telephone calls, that is, where you say the name of the person you want to call and the system automatically calls the number?  Got that on my Mondeo and it is really great feature, makes it really hands-free.  If there are any i30 models that had/have this feature, is it a major issue to retro fit it?

Thanks in anticipation for your advice/responses.

• MY 2014 i30 Elite CRDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi again Gazza,

This could prove tricky as like I said in your intro thread active Kiwi members are a bit thin on the ground and you guys usually get different specs and options than we do in Australia. This has always surprised me that Hyundai Australia and NZ aren't more closely aligned. You would think it would make sense to share specs for economy of scale reasons.

Sometimes you guys get better options/features than us and sometimes vice versa. Our 2014 models definitely had trip computer functionality via buttons on dash or steering wheel.

It gets even more complicated in NZ with your ability to get low mileage relatively new imports. Is yours an NZ delivered car or an Korean import I wonder?

Hyundai makes some odd decisions from time to time. For example my 2017 series 3 (PD) SR only allows voice calling via android auto (with the phone connected via USB) I think it is still the same even in 2019 models. It has been criticised in reviews that you can't do voice calling via bluetooth.

My wife recently traded her 2014 Euro built i30 Tourer (wagon) on a Kona, but I don't recall that having the option for voice calling. She never bothered with connecting her phone via Bluetooth (she is old school).

Edit: The wife 2014 Euro Built Tourer and the 3 door version as well came with DRLS incorporated in the fog lights. Pretty sure these are interchangeable but not cheap aftermarket. Might be able to pick some up cheaper second hand via wreckers yards though?   :idea:

Usually Aussie and NZ models get the higher output versions. The lower output versions are usually for europe to get around their emissions regulations/ road taxes.

You could search your local online "car sales" sites for an equivalent vehicle and see what output they are quoting.  :goodjob: 
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
This might help.
Plenty of owners manuals available for download.

:link: 2015 Hyundai i30 - Owner's Manual - PDF (457 Pages)
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Gazza43

• 1st Gear

• nz New Zealand
      NZ, Waikato
Thanks, Dazzler.  I actually found how to change the display info by accident.  Pushed the 'Trip' button on the steering wheel to reset the trip distance, but found it brought up different information with each press of the button.  So got that one sorted out now.

The car is a 'NZ new', not a re-registered Korean import - even though originally imported from Korea FBU.

Hyundai not the only brand with subtle differences between the same models sold in the two countries.  We brought back a Suzuki Grand Vitara Prestige when we came back from Oz six years ago.  Although it was fully accepted for remaining warranty etc by Suzuki NZ and they said it was fully compatible with NZ regulations and emissions controls, it had a few differences to the NZ equivalent model. 

Thanks for advice on output.  Will check with local dealer.  Also check with local panel beaters about acquiring DRL from wreckers.

• MY 2014 i30 Elite CRDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal