i30 Owners Club

Alloy wheel - 40 offset to small?

Offline Terminal

• 1st Gear
Hi everyone,

First post - my Hyper Silver i30 SX CRDi is due to arrive first week of June.  This forum helped convince me to take it for a test drive and I loved it.

One thing I don't like about it is the default 15" steel rims.  I looked at optioning up via the dealer but didn't like the prices.

I'm currently looking at putting a set of Konig Toxxin 2's on the car:

http://www.canterburytyres.com.au/wheelgallery.pop.asp?i=652&key=konig

The specs are:  17x7, 5x114.3, offset of 40.  I've read that the i30 support an offset of 35-45 but people recommend the 45.

Would there be any problems putting these wheels on the car?

Thanks all (great site!)

--Terminal

Offline sopel

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Bytom, Poland
No there's not problem to fit wheels with ET 40, and 7" width. Some people did this on our polish forum, and they're saying there's nothing wrong with a car :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Terminal (is there a story behind that unusual Moniker?)

Glad you liked the car enough to order one and the site as well.. :D

Nice wheels you have chosen .. :wink: (not sure about those numbers you have quoted, I've kept my standard SLX 16" alloys)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Terminal

• 1st Gear
Wow quick response!  Naa no real story behind the nick..  Maybe it describes my driving style!  8)

Any recommendations for tyres while I'm asking?  I've been thinking Bridgestone Adrenalin RE001 (225/45-R17 same as the SR tyres).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Any recommendations for tyres while I'm asking?  I've been thinking Bridgestone Adrenalin RE001 (225/45-R17 same as the SR tyres).

That is always a hard one because most brands have good and not so good models of tyre and some are better suited to one model of car than another .. I believe these to be a good tyre but I would do some googling to see if any negative feedback..

We have a few tyre experts on here including surferdude (hopefully he will see this question)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
Have a read of THIS web site for some help with Offset / Inset.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal