i30 Owners Club

Black Plastic Detail/Restoration

Offline Vivalazuzu

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney
Hello.

I am not sure if anyone has started a topic on this or not but thought i would share my experience with this.

I purchased Meguiars Gold Class Trim Detail from Autobarn. So far i have used the product on my trim twice and found that the first time i used it, it lasted about 2-4 weeks. This is usually (for me) every second wash or even third. Basically I am just trying to advise if anyone is looking for a trim/plastic maintenance lubricant i would advise this.

Secondly i also purchased something for interior as well which i have found very useful for the trim/plastic/leather inside the car. Hope it helps :)

• 2013 GD 3 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt, 6spd Manual, Silver

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I use the leftover Meguiars interior wipes to do the exterior black plastics, usually lasts a couple of washes and looks good making all the black plastics much darker.

Offline Vivalazuzu

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney
I guess both work very well :) :goodjob2:
  • 2013 GD 3 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt, 6spd Manual, Silver

Slydog
I have also heard that Meguiar's Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax is fine to use on the interior and exterior plastics, so you can basically wax the entire car with one product.

Unfortunately I have only seen it sold in 1 gallons size so I will have to wait til my next bulk purchase of detailing gear to get some.

:link: Meguiar's Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax 3.8L D15601 - ZAS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Some good tips there. thanks guys...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I have also heard that Meguiar's Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax is fine to use on the interior and exterior plastics, so you can basically wax the entire car with one product.

Unfortunately I have only seen it sold in 1 gallons size so I will have to wait til my next bulk purchase of detailing gear to get some.

The spray wax for exterior use and exterior trim, I wouldn't use on interior  :link: SYNTHETIC X-PRESS SPRAY WAX ? Meguiar's ? Australia

Slydog

The spray wax for exterior use and exterior trim, I wouldn't use on interior  :link: SYNTHETIC X-PRESS SPRAY WAX ? Meguiar's ? Australia
Normally I wouldn't have thought to use it on an interior either until I seen this professional detailer showcase it.
:link: Best Car Wax: part 2- Meguiar's Synthetic Xpress Wax - YouTube

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'm not doubting it's ability to make the interior look nice but there is usually a reason the company (Meguiars) would list it as exterior use, what fumes are going to be released from the treatment inside a vehicle on a hot day :undecided:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 06:17:50 by CraigB »

Offline barryden

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Fl
I like using Turtle Wax ICE Liquid Wax. It doesn't leave white residue on black plastics/rubbers.
  • Elantra

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
I bought a Oakwood Leather Care Pack  to treat our seats.
The hydrating cream  (beeswax & lanolin ) goes on last and when finished I rubbed the cloth on the black surrounds of our 13yo 4wd to see what it was like .
That was 4 weeks ago and it still looks like new. I'll do the i when it's had it's next wash.
Have polished i with Meguairs Tech Wax 2 8 weeks ago & water still beading and running off.
Both excellent products IMHO.

mickd
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal