i30 Owners Club

Central Locking stopped working

Offline billybob

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      devon
Hyundai I30 !.4 Comfort-RHD. 2009
  Greeting from a cold and wet England.
   A few weeks ago my central locking packed up and I did the usual things like check the fuse and the battery in the fob. For some reason it started working, but now it has stopped working again. Fuses are good and both key fobs are working .
 When the main door lock switch is pressed everything locks ok , there is no grinding or grating sounds and now i have run out of ideas. I have disconnected the battery leads and let it drain for an hour but that didn't work .
ANY IDEAS WELCOME.
     Cheers :crazy1:
  • Hyundai I30 1.4 Comfort 2009

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Long shot but is there any emission in the area that blocks the signal? It's worth attempting to isolate the problem to when and where.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline billybob

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      devon
Hi thanks for getting back. I'm not sure what is going on with my central locking . It hasn't worked since I posted my question. I parked outside an auto electricians unit for him to have a look at . I gave him the key fob and he pressed it and the bloody thing started working and it's been working for the past 3 days. Don't know if anybody can shed some light on what to look for next . I don't think that it is anything blocking the signal because I have tried it in different locations. I think that it may be haunted.
                  Thanks

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
The other unknown is the state of your FOB. If the contacts of the press switch were not clean enough, it may have been intermittent. The autoelectrician may have given it a firmer press and perhaps given it a tiny 'occupationally instintive' move sideways to improve contact.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline billybob

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      devon
Good Idea of yours !!!!. If it goes again I will try what you suggested. Thanks again.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal