i30 Owners Club

2012 i30 GD driver side power window without function

Offline Hendrik1081

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi everyone,

New day, new problem!  :happydance: Yesterday, the drive side window on my i30 stopped working. All other windows work perfectly fine. I can still here a click from the front right when I push or pull the control switch, but nothing happens. My first try was to disconnect the battery in an attempt to do a reset and I fully charged the battery over night to make sure it isn't a voltage problem. The problem however persists. I found a lot of info on failing power windows in the previous model i30, but not about the GD.

Did anyone here have the same problem and if so, most importantly, what is the solution?

Cheers!
  • 2012 GD Premium, 5 door hatch, petrol 1.8 auto, Clean Blue metallic

Offline gagsi011

• 1st Gear

• cs Serbia
It is possible that the fuse has blown. Check it out.

Послато са SM-G975F помоћу Тапатока

• Hyundai i30 gd crdi

Offline PGN I30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Offline Hendrik1081

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
There is one fuse for passenger and one for the driver window, but they’re both functional and I wouldn’t hear what sounds like a relay clicking if that was the problem I guess. It’s almost like the actuator is shot. Will take the panel off and have a look inside.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
It's old enough for actuators to become a problem. I disabled autolocking at speed to extend the life of mine. So far so good.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Hendrik1081

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Ok, here is what I did, to cut a long story short: I took off the door panel, unscrewed the window motor, took it off, operated it separately and it worked both ways, checked that the window slides up and down freely, made sure that the actuator works properly, put it all back together - and it works. It almost seems like something got stuck or there was a resistance too big to overcome for the motor and it shut off.

Now it works like new. Let's see for how long, but I am optimistic.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal