i30 Owners Club

I30 2012 1.4 diesel broke my records! 3.5+3.61 l/100 km = 75 to 65 mpg

Offline VanBelleJean

• 1st Gear

• bg Bulgaria
      Bagrentsi, Kjustendil
3.5 AND 3.61 L/100 KM = 76 TO 65 MPG I30 1.40
On  FB topic I30  i published my efficiency and you can follow it up, because i will do some tests to find maximum consumption in power using the 1.4 diesel as well.

The text, i will copy here too:

<Just an ode to Garage Moyaert with Huyndai I30 2012 Euro 5 1.4 diesel, and immediately my best diesel record ever in economy! 3.61 and 3.50 liters of diesel per 100 km for a total of 2,864 km from Be via Wallonia and NL to Germany where I refueled for Passau (always at Lukoil because their quantities of liters are very correct and the quality of regular summer diesel is very good) to Lukoil Sofia... See details annex and at  :link: Diesel consumption: Hyundai - i30 - GDH Hatchback - Spritmonitor.de also for all details and prices.

Reasons for this success are many: The cubic layout of the cylinder capacity as Renault also did with the R9M engines and then what I felt: 12 to 20% savings with no loss of diesel when changing gears but still driving in 5th and 6th and very long (37 hours of driving apart from rest in two/three days/nights I thought), the small engine capacity, start/stop and search speed with longest range on display thanks to a very good and detailed on-board computer), the choice of correct tires by Garage Moyaert and the perfect maintenance services and a new clutch disc (West Flemish: embréage) and the right choice of oil (even more than normal oil + intervals here for diesel of 30,000 km, ideal for frequent drivers like me) and the very low and perfect aerodynamics of this I30, especially if you drive along with the trucks and past many 80 km/h work zones in Germany and so on, where 1650 RPM in 6th seems optimal. Finally, I drove barefoot so that I had perfect feel for the diesel consumption with my big right toe (pressing the accelerator pedal = consumption).

Perhaps also test in Sofia how much 'maximum' consumption is during sporty driving versus this experiment later, and so that you see that the turbo compression can also deliver high-performance engine performance.

Thx to everyone, also to Luc Devlamynck who I saw there and who will soon have one of the most beautiful EVs for their sunny holidays!

Anyone who has questions is welcome! +you>

And the link to all consumption from
now on is  :link: Diesel consumption: Hyundai - i30 - GDH Hatchback - Spritmonitor.de

With the video there you can even calculate how many liters are used or still there ar every 'dot' of the 12 stripes for the diesel tank.

If you cannot manage, give me a sign and i will do that for you in some Excel table.

Thx, this is a great car!!! Love the sunglasses you can put on top of the driver as well and the variable steering (sport was best setting because i still did not install the cruise control now). +je
  • I30 2012 1.4D

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal