i30 Owners Club

18" Wheel Fitment

Offline jfdelacruz

• 3rd Gear

• ph Philippines
      Paranaque City, Manilla
Sorry for posting this in General Discussion, I know there's a wheels section but there's not much "traffic" on there.

I'm in the market for some 18" wheels for my 2011 i30 FD. I'm running on the original 16" black pearl wheels right now and wanted something in the same color as I think the current color combo (Vivid Blue / Black Pearl / Carbon Black tint) is excellent.

I was thinking of these wheels -> http://www.alloywheelworld.co.uk/product.php/10351/inovit-redline-7-5x18-quot-alloy-wheels-finished-in-gunmetal-asuka-range-rd21/305423a5fc942947470812645acd62bd

Would anyone please be so kind to let me know if these will fit my car so I can start ordering them and hopefully they arrive by christmas  :)

If I need accessories such as spacers, etc... please let me know. I'm really not knowledgeable on wheel fitment. I'm currently researching but it'll take some time before I can decide on my own and I'd rather leave it to you experts here.

Thanks in advance,

Jared

EDIT:

What about these? -> http://www.prodrive-japan.com/products/gc_07j/index.html] [url]http://www.prodrive-japan.com/products/gc_07j/index.html[/url]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 07:04:53 by jfdelacruz »
  • 2011 FDe i30 1.6 CRDi 6M/T

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Hi Jared.
With Steve's permission maybe we can leave this here for a day or two but it should go over into the Wheels section or else the General Discussion section gets too long. If Steve's happy for this to happen I'll move it in 24 hours.
The lack of traffic doesn't mean it's not seen. When you post there or there is a reply it will always show up in the "Show unread posts" selection which I imagine most people use.
Also, someone only with an interest in wheels and tyres might overlook it in the sheer volume of the General section.
I can't answer your question but maybe someone who has larger diameter wheels might.
Having said that, I think you might need to ask the supplier. Then ask them for offset figures and the size of the centre cap hole.
Nice wheels BTW.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Jared they are a very nice wheel (not cheap :eek:) but I suspect you will need spacers and be aware they will increase the size of your turning circle by a noticeable margin.

Trevor has pretty much covered it, as usual. No problem leaving it here for now. We can soon move it once it has run its course  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jfdelacruz

• 3rd Gear

• ph Philippines
      Paranaque City, Manilla
Hi mods,

No problem with me. Thanks for giving it some time in this section for more coverage. Wont make the same mistake again!
  • 2011 FDe i30 1.6 CRDi 6M/T

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal