i30 Owners Club

On Board Fault Log

Mike SX · 12 · 4522

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
Does anyone know if the On Board System logs the numbers of occasions the same fault has been repeated, or does it log only the first time and no others, until reset ?
Is there a date record ?

Thanks,

Mike

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Howdy Mike.

A good question, but why do you need to know? I'm guessing you're looking for some ammunition...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Howdy Mike.
A good question, but why do you need to know? I'm guessing you're looking for some ammunition...

As usual, you are absolutely correct.

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Does anyone know if the On Board System logs the numbers of occasions the same fault has been repeated, or does it log only the first time and no others, until reset ?
Is there a date record ?

Today the Dealership Techie stated, "If the vehicle has a logged fault that repeats itself for hundreds of times in a matter of either one trip, or trips on days, weeks, months, etc. it still only logs the one fault; not the number of occasions or any specific dates".

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Damn!  :Pout:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Is there a date record ?

Today the Dealership Techie stated, "If the vehicle has a logged fault that repeats itself for hundreds of times in a matter of either one trip, or trips on days, weeks, months, etc. it still only logs the one fault; not the number of occasions or any specific dates".
Thats how it was explained to me for another vehicle we we have, never really ask for the Hy's
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Is there a date record ?

Thats how it was explained to me for another vehicle we we have, never really ask for the Hy's

Even an inexpensive Intruder Alarm box can log up to 500 historical, time/day/month events.
I wonder if all passenger vehicles are similar.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Yes I know the truck computers can tell when we miss gears,over rev the engine,how many gear chnges are made in any one trip,give precise fuel useage at any given point,bloody truck is smarter than I am
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Yes I know the truck computers can tell when we miss gears,over rev the engine,how many gear chnges are made in any one trip,give precise fuel useage at any given point,bloody truck is smarter than I am

Never knew that, the last Truck I was in was a flat front Foden - as in the Stanley Baker 1957 film Hell Drivers :)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

Never knew that, the last Truck I was in was a flat front Foden - as in the Stanley Baker 1957 film Hell Drivers :)
Holy cow that is an oldie,oldest thing I ever drove was an old double knocker Commer

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Our vehicles at work have GPS trackers in them and the State Manager rang up to find out why our Truck driver was doing 140 K/H in a 110 K/H area. It won't even do 140 down a hill.. One other time it reported him as doing 125 K/H in a 50 zone  :wacko:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Our vehicles at work have GPS trackers in them and the State Manager rang up to find out why our Truck driver was doing 140 K/H in a 110 K/H area. It won't even do 140 down a hill.. One other time it reported him as doing 125 K/H in a 50 zone  :wacko:

Simple temporary dampness in Addressable Analogue systems can also create corruption; suggesting impossible log fault codes, ie. temperatures in an Abattoir of -150 degrees Centigrade.

Using simple logic to find problems is, to a point, OK, until presented with an "unconsidered" logic fault, also, when confronted with more than one simultaneous fault, simple logic goes out the window.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal