i30 Owners Club

i30 Workshop Manual

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Member Diablo posted a link to 2008-2010 i30 manual earlier today, so I bought one.

$17.32 14 GB download RAR file, slow too. To find, that it only works with VM software, so download that & install too.

Have extracted rar to 33 gb. VM requires 40gb drive to be created and currently sending the expanded file to this drive.

Hoping to be able to see what's inside the i30 at long last. Only line drawings, no pics. At 33 gb, must be a huge book though.

Will keep you posted.

• 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Crazy file sizes (for a download) :eek:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looking forward to it, Phil!  :goodjob:

:whsaid:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Should be a decent read, especially if it covers some of the "unknowns" like the BCM and alarm configs.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
This will make you the oracle of oracles, Phil. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Carlyboy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Thanks, however, I've got the current model 2012-2013 petrol I30 1.8ltr automatic.
  • 2013 I30 petrol

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
First impressions of the download I conducted yesterday.

The download is large, approx 14 Gb as a RAR file. Unfortunately, you can't use a download accelerator to speed up the process, so best done overnight.
33 GB when extracted .
It is necessary to install VMware player & tools which is free, as the manual runs in this environment only.

The manual is huge, obviously. For the years mentioned, it has information on ALL models of car Hyundai make, of which there are many, so there is a lot of irrelevant information contained. However, those with two cars in this range could benefit.

The format is the HY GDS system, which is an online dealer network system. In this, there is a "Manual" section and this is where we operate completely off line.

I have only spent 1 hour looking at the content, but everything seems to be covered, including electrical schematics.  :happydance:

Most drawings are simple line drawings, with pictures where indicated. There is a zoom capability which is a bit disappointing as the drawing looses definition if you zoom too far.

One point of concern is that at this stage, I can't determine whether the Diesel U2 engine is included, so I wouldn't trust any information regarding the engine at this stage. However, regardless of engine type, you could be reasonably confident in using the torque settings for all the bolts, so it would be useful in that regard.

There is not a lot of textual description when removing / replacing items, however with the support of drawings, anyone could understand what is required, I feel.

For the cost of the download I think it is of great informational value, even just for the torque settings alone, but there is certainly much more information there. I would recommend downloading this manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Not sure if the GD model is available, as I don't own one, it would be of no value to me. Note I did specify 2008-10 in my post.

Offline jfdelacruz

• 3rd Gear

• ph Philippines
      Paranaque City, Manilla
I'd love to know if the u2 6spd is there as i'd buy it in a heartbeat. Could you check it out?
  • 2011 FDe i30 1.6 CRDi 6M/T

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Sadly, only the 5 speed.

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
I have only spent 1 hour looking at the content, but everything seems to be covered, including electrical schematics.  :happydance:

:Shocked: This is what I want I am sick of prodding wires with my multi-metre

Does it have like an index so you can jump to sections? In Diablo's post he says its from Haynes, does it actually say this anywhere? I called Haynes a couple months ago inquiring and they told me they have nothing yet planed.

I bought a "workshop manual" a couple weeks ago online from a link I found on another post and it was just a joke, it had 3 folders with about 4-7 pdf files in each one with random service procedures it was nothing that it was making out it was. I made a paypal despite and ended up getting my $13 back which I was surprised and quite happy about. Think I will give this on a go. Thanks heaps for sharing and the detailed info!
  • Hyundai i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
While I'm astounded at the price I paid, this is what I've found so far.

It is NOT Haynes manual.

It is  The full Hyundai Global Diagnostic System for ALL Hyundai vehicles from 2008-2010
So let me tell you, that the Diesel U2 motor does not seem to be covered in the "Manual" section,. but rthere are references to it in other sections, so if you're wanting to pull the U2 apart, I wouldn't advise using this manual. However, the torque settings and layout of the U /  u2 are so similar it is useful to have these setting available. I have 1 U & 1 U2 Diesel.

It is a fully electronic manual, so you have to use it with a computer, which needs a virtual environment to run. This is all explained and if a dummy like me can install it, anyone can.

There are a fai few typos, probably translation from Korean, but certainly not a problem at all.

The Hy GDS, requires an approved login which of course, we don't have, so the diagnostics functions are not available to us, but the manual is and most importantly, there is a section on all the fault codes and their explanation.

The download is 18.4 GB compressed and 33+ GB in use, so you need time and space to get it on your system.

:goodjob2:

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
Just bought this manual this morning because I need electrical diagrams from the side mirrors and after all day downloading I then extract the files, download vmware player and then open the file through there and I get an error saying it is unable to open file.  :mad:

I have sent an email to support hopefully they will get back to me soon.. You didn't have any issues like this did you?

I wish they would just make a book already  :blubber:

• Hyundai i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Can you explain what you did once vmware was started.

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
Thanks, I clicked on "open a virtual machine" found file Hyundai_2012_VSM opened it then clicked "play virtual machine

I then get an error message saying..

Error while powering on: Unable to open file "C:\Users\Jesse\Documents\Hyundai_2012_WSM\VM\Hyundai_2012_WSM.vmdk":
The system cannot find the file specified
  • Hyundai i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
The file it can't open, should NOT be in your documents folder.

I suggest you uninstall and before re installing, read and understand the following information.

http://www.emanualonline.com/info/Installing-VMWare-Player.html

Apologies if you've already done this. :neutral:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
It should be a .vmx file that gets opened, I think...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
Yeah I have reinstalled the vmware player, I think it must be an issues with the file and I don't really want to download that again since it was so huge. I specifically saved the file to my documents folder, thanks anyway hopefully I will here from the suport people.
  • Hyundai i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal