i30 Owners Club

My first video (from Poland)

sopel · 17 · 4212

Offline sopel

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Bytom, Poland
Just trying to test my new camera in HTC Desire Z, and recorded my little trip from my girlfriend to me(had to cut a little bit, youtube allow me to upload max. 15 minutes movies)
It's a little bit shaky, but I only have regular car holder like this to record my trips.

and another short movie, how polite are polish truck drivers.

again, sorry for my bad English (let's call it Polglish :P )

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Excellent video quality, I mean for a phone, bit jerky at times ????   Music, OK, buty not my sort really.  The drive something like the city in which I live a constant traffic nightmare :-(.

A few observations, is it legal to cross the ghost line to pass trucks where you live ?????  And, everyone seem to be driving on the wrong side of the road  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well done, looking forward to the next one  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline sopel

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Bytom, Poland
Music, OK, buty not my sort really. 

I just needed something to cover sounds from my car, so i insert music from youtube ;)

A few observations, is it legal to cross the ghost line to pass trucks where you live ?????

Of course not. I was in a hurry, and this truck driver get to my lane on purpose, just to block me. Not for the first time they do that there.

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County
Very good video quality  :goodjob2:
I'll consider to save money for a HTC, too !

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
asathorny
And, everyone seem to be driving on the wrong side of the road
I think the same when I happen to see the videos shot in UK  :D

sopel
be careful with such a maneuver (driving round the truck) next time as there may be a police ahead  :)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Nice video. That Getz did put out a fight. And regarding the trucks.. You did cut in later (lane on the right at the end of the video), didn't you? That is also rude  :p

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

accim
I've just watched the first video, that was Daewoo Matiz or its Chinese clone - Cherry QQ, not Hyundai Getz definitely

Offline sopel

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Bytom, Poland
Nice video. That Getz did put out a fight. And regarding the trucks.. You did cut in later (lane on the right at the end of the video), didn't you? That is also rude  :p

Somebody made me a space, so I took it ;) Nice and smooth ;)
The law says that you should use 2 lanes when you have them, not many drivers do that(i don't know why), they prefer to stay in long lines as you can see on this video. I just use the law, and wait for place to "cut in" ;)

accim
I've just watched the first video, that was Daewoo Matiz or its Chinese clone - Cherry QQ, not Hyundai Getz definitely

It was Daewoo Matiz. I didn't see any Cherry in Poland.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Nice video for a phone as others say.. That traffic is a nightmare.. no such problems here  :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Dazzler
Lucky you, then  :D

sopel
sooner or later you'll find them in Poland too as these cars are really cheap. Do you have any Russian cars, by the way (I mean Russian cars with Polish plates)?

Offline sopel

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Bytom, Poland

sopel
sooner or later you'll find them in Poland too as these cars are really cheap. Do you have any Russian cars, by the way (I mean Russian cars with Polish plates)?

Some years Earlier(before 2000 i would say) we have some Lada in Poland (my godfather owned one ;) ) and even earlier, we've had Wolgas (but that was years before i was born(1987). There were even stories about Black Wolga that drove around some cities and kidnapped people ;) But it was only an urban legend.

Dazzler. I must say that this is not a traffic ;) That's just a normal day. In bigger cities it's getting worse ;)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
great video's.  :goodjob2: :mrgreen:  when dazz and Trish came to my city [melbourne] they both said it was a very busy city.  :scared:  but it doesn't compare to bancock or Vietnam.  :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Ohh yeah, my bad. I meant Matiz, not Getz  :mrgreen: My neighbor had it.. 0.8 engine   :eek:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

accim
0.8 engine
believe me it is more then enough for city driving. No matter what engine your car has if you are stuck in the traffic jams constantly.
If I have money to afford two cars, I would definitely purchase Smart and SUV, the latter for countryside driving and the first for every day movements.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
accim
0.8 engine
believe me it is more then enough for city driving. No matter what engine your car has if you are stuck in the traffic jams constantly.
If I have money to afford two cars, I would definitely purchase Smart and SUV, the latter for countryside driving and the first for every day movements.

I know, we had a 1.0 lit Hyundai Atos. It was great in city, but..that was it ;) It's just that 0.8 sounds funny :) Like it's a lawnmower.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
accim
0.8 engine

I know, we had a 1.0 lit Hyundai Atos. It was great in city, but..that was it ;) It's just that 0.8 sounds funny :) Like it's a lawnmower.

I took a Matiz for a test drive some years back and I thought the little 800cc motor did a pretty damn good job. 
I've also followed one and it appeared to have no trouble sitting on the 100kph speed limit.  :goodjob:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

rustynutz
When it was a time to choose my first car, I was thinking between Matiz and Getz, so I chose the latter, because of the trips to a village, where a bigger trunk was a vital point.
Moreover I doubt Matiz would stay stable when the oncoming truck passes by with a speed of 100 km/h.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal