Few new videos

accim · 13 · 3350

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Watch this one closely from 7:20 on. The guy with Laguna is driving on the right lane (which is your left lane in Australia) and I'm overtaking. All of the sudden, he decides that he'll overtake the trucks, which aren't even that close, but does it without watching in his rear mirror or indicating it in any way.. This doesn't look that scary on the video, but it was quite close and if I hadn't flashed him, we would have (most probably) crashed. I checked in the mirror few seconds after passing him and he did the same thing..went to overtake the trucks without indicating it and there was some car behind him, but wasn't that close.. So he didn't learn any lesson. Btw, I had my indicators on, while I was overtaking...

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
There seems to be no difference in driving in our countries  :lol:
Don't you think that the driver of that car might be blind, so he probably expected any alarm signal from you to cease his maneuver  :D
OFF: it reminded me a short funny story : "Two blind pilots wearing dark glasses and holding white sticks in their hands entering the cockpit before passengers eyes. So the taxi, take off and cruise passed just fine and the time came for landing. The captain pushed the steering column, that caused a rapid descent and once the passengers saw the ground approach fast they screamed. At the same time in the cockpit the captain pulled the column and leveled the airplane and landed it safely. The co-pilot addresses  his partner:
-Damn, John. There would be a time when they won't scream and we will be dead"

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Hahaha :D Good one with the pilots  :goodjob:

Yeah, I guess we are quite similar. Things like that happen often (not as often as in Russia I guess), but I don't record a lot :(

Now here's one more, from the same day, but it was made in the afternoon. Look carefully from 4:00 min on (okay, maybe go to 4:47 if you aren't into waiting). The thing is, that the guy in that blue Renault Clio, had his right side indicator "on" the whole time, as if he was intending to turn right. And when the green light came on, we both started and...well he didn't turn but had the indicator still on..  :mrgreen: Usually, I would have crossed the road half way, waiting for him to turn (see the lines where he should go.. well, I usually go right up to those lines and wait for my turn), but this time - luckily - I didn't and stayed far enough, not to get in his way..

If we had crashed, it would probably be my fault (for the police), even though he had the indicator on.. But he would say, that it wasn't and that it was all my fault for "cutting in". Oh wait..haha, I could prove it.. I would have it "on film"  :mrgreen: But I'm not sure if the police would "accept" this kind of evidence.. PS: I'm not sure how well you can see that he had the indicator on the whole time.. Try to enlarge the video and look closely from 4:53-4:56.. And maybe few sec before 4:00

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 11:49:11 by accim »

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
UK Highway codes says

104 You should also

•watch out for signals given by other road users and proceed only when you are satisfied that it is safe
•be aware that an indicator on another vehicle may not have been cancelled

Therefore, if you have a bump by say pulling out in front of the other car when you expected the driver to stop or turn then you are at fault not the other driver.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Well in the second video at 02:50 the black Citroen is parked  with rule's breaches I assume:
1.  it is parked in front of pedestrian crossing;
2. To park the car like that, the driver had to cross the separating white line, so his driving license must be removed for 4-6 months (in Russia at least).
 :D

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
meehalych: I think he was driving in the opposite direction (looking at my direction) and then he crossed the road and parked where he parked.. I don't think he would get any ticket for crossing the road, as he did it where the white line, on his side is broken ("dashed") - even if he did, I think the ticket now is 200 EUR, before it was 80 EUR, but I know they were talking about rising it to 500 EUR and loosing the license (but I'm not sure what's the case now.. Have to check it). But he should get the ticket for parking there ;)

eye30: Are you talking for the highway "incident" or the one at the traffic lights?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:21:03 by accim »

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

eye30: Are you talking for the highway "incident" or the one at the traffic lights?

I'm referring to Traffic lights

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

I'm referring to Traffic lights

Okay, maybe you are right and this isn't the best example. We would probably both be guilty (divided guilt) in case I proved, he had indicators on. But if it happened and if I hadn't been filming (so no proof), I would be the only, held responsible for the crash. But in some cases ...wait.. let me draw it:

Okay, so in this case, if the cars A and B crashed, it would be A's fault. That's at least how it is here. I guess it's the same there too?

UK Highway codes says

104 You should also

•watch out for signals given by other road users and proceed only when you are satisfied that it is safe
•be aware that an indicator on another vehicle may not have been cancelled

I understand the first one, but the second one... Well I understand it too, but that can only be a "recommendation" and not the "regulation". If i watch out for guys like that, it's just me being careful, but according to the law, I have right to go out (the drawing) and in case something happened, it's not my (B's) fault.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:48:52 by accim »

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
^---   B's fault
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Okay.. I'll try to check our regulations once more, before saying anything more about the matter.

But I was involved in a situation like that (my friend was driving) - he was the B and some van was the A. And the A was considered to be the guilty one, as there were witnesses who said the A had on the right indicators.....  :confused:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

^---   B's fault

I agree.

B has to be sure that his/her path is clear. 
A indicating right does not give B the right of way.
B should wait until either A passes, stops before the junction or actually turns right before moving off.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
^---   B's fault

I agree.

B should wait until either A passes, stops before the junction or actually turns right before moving off.

But it's impossible to do so..  :confused: If everybody in "B's" situation would wait, people waiting behind "B" would be pissed off and would probably kill the "B" driver :D Okay, I'm exaggerating, but they would overtake him right there, go in front of him, horn, show him the finger, yell at him and then they would cut in front of A drivers.. Really. That happens even if you wait too long, not to mention if you would wait "to be safe" (as you've said). Even the police would show you the finger I guess :D

But you probably are right.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

^---   B's fault

I agree.

But it's impossible to do so..  :confused: If everybody in "B's" situation would wait, people waiting behind "B" would be pissed off and would probably kill the "B" driver :D Okay, I'm exaggerating, but they would overtake him right there, go in front of him, horn, show him the finger, yell at him and then they would cut in front of A drivers.. Really. That happens even if you wait too long, not to mention if you would wait "to be safe" (as you've said). Even the police would show you the finger I guess :D

But you probably are right.

We are only talking of millseconds here so the wait is only millseconds.

Isn't best to be sure otherwise if in this situation A continues there will be a bump and all the delay that will cause especially if the exit from the junction is blocked

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal