Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
:lol: that was awesome, I say awesome, lad :lol:

Nice one Asa, good to hear a reet proper Manc accent too :D

I saw a naughty silver estate riding the ghost lines at 03:27... tut tut.. drivers who do that should be banned :P

(What camera settings are you using?)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
As per you instructions I have dropped the frame rate to 20???   Got the same memory card as you ???   dropped the quality to, MMmm can't recall now, but dropped it from HD to obviously something less than HD.

This was all a flustered thing on the car park after buying my memory at Maplins (Yeah I know, coulda got it cheaper on line) I wanted to get going with it  :P....

I need to have a crack at doing a nicer one now, which actually shows some points of interest....  Next time I am up Lancaster I can show our Auzzie cousins just where the forefathers set out on there journey to OZ.  Lancaster Castle.  A two week walk, in chains, from Lancaster to Plymouth (300 miles), then crammed onto prison ships for a month or two, and, if they lived through that, then they might become Aussies eventually.  There was always the alternative of course, a ten minute jig on the end of a rope.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Thanks. I'm now running at 30fps and it seems to be ok with that camera (minimal jerking). I'd like to see the quality of yours when set to HD as opposed to VGA

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
At 3:14 how many spied the bird walking from the left to right.

Didn't seem to be bothered by the traffic!!!!

It was on the pavement, dropped onto the road, walked infront of the Golf and you see it wander off across the road to the right.

Great vid....

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline TrishCW

• 5th Gear
  • SWMBO at Dazzler's House

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• My little "GEM"
I spotted the bird, as you said eye30 he wasn't a bit worried about the traffic.

Asa do you know what the first steam train was that crossed that bridge.

my great great grandfather was sent out to Aus in a ship. so looking forward to vids from around that area. It would of been a hard life.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I spotted the bird, as you said eye30 he wasn't a bit worried about the traffic.

Asa do you know what the first steam train was that crossed that bridge.

my great great grandfather was sent out to Aus in a ship. so looking forward to vids from around that area. It would of been a hard life.

The first <successful> steam train didn't use the bridge  Trish, it was called the Rocket built by Stevenson. http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/victorians/launch_ani_rocket.shtml  No-one had a clue about vehicles other than drawn by horse and some fool stood on the track expecting it to stop for him, being a pompous self important fool, needless to say, he died.

No, I don't think that this particular bridge was built then, as they were still have races between designers of steam engines, which Stevenson won.  Visit Lancaster Castle dot com and look at the horrible history.  This castle is very old and was always used as a prison, in fact, it has just released it very last prisoner this last month.  It will now become even more of a tourist attraction, with the old execution ropes on show for the morbid beggars to ogle.  I don't think you great grand father was transported, was he?

Although it was always used as a prison, prisons until quite recently were not as we know them now.  Prisons were not places of punishment, they were holding spaces were prisoners were either tortured whilst awaiting trial, or if the trial was over they were awaiting execution ergo, you were either waiting to be tried, or waiting to be put to death, or transported.

Oops I went into a ramble, didn't I, sorry  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline TrishCW

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• My little "GEM"
Hi Asa, It was my great great grandfather. he was tried at stafford, sorry  then sentenced to tranportation to Aus.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Asa,

I also spotted the bird and found it quite amusing.. a bit confused about the steam train thing as I though the same as trish you said it was the site of the very first steam train in the world??

If it was your fourth video you could have called it "Back to the future 4" (as it was taken a month into the future by the date on the top ..) Next time you go there can you get next weeks tattslotto results please :winker:

I also noticed you complete disregard for the road markings  :whistler:  :lol:

Overall a stirling effort for your fist video .. I love seeing other parts of the world and hearing other members voices at the same time ... Keep up the good work  :goodjob: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<a bit confused about the steam train thing as I though the same as trish you said it was the site of the very first steam train in the world??>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OK, I'll try to clear this up.    The bridge wasn't built at the time of the very first train ride, I mean, up to that point there'd never been a need for one.   However, the railway track was laid from there to Liverpool.  Please forget a ever mentioned a bridge.  Actually, I have to own up, the actual loco is in the museum and to be honest it's about a hundred yards away.

AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am gonna lie down in a darkened room now, take some of my blood pressure pills and try to get my karma sorted out  :blubber: :blubber: :blubber: :blubber: :blubber: :blubber: :blubber: :blubber: :blubber: :blubber: :blubber:

Offline TrishCW

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• My little "GEM"
It's ok Asa don't cry,  sorry I got confused.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:eek: :eek: :eek: :whistler:

Settle Asa,  like Basil Fawlty .. you mentioned it once but I think you got away with it... :rofl: :rofl:

Just get those Lottery numbers and we'll forget it ever happened  :winker:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Hi Asa, It was my great great grandfather. he was tried at stafford, sorry  then sentenced to tranportation to Aus.

Oh Trish, so he was transported, wow....   He wouldn't have had a great time  :blubber:.   Have you done the research, seen what he was charged with....  It's all archived.

One of my forefathers was accused of trying to murder John de Lancaster who complained to parliament...  I'm quite proud of that, I have the archived statement from parliamentary records which I am always keen to regale people with  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

One of my forefathers was accused of trying to murder John de Lancaster who complained to parliament...  I'm quite proud of that, I have the archived statement from parliamentary records which I am always keen to regale people with  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Was John de Lancaster standing on some ghost lines when one of your forefathers decided to drive against the traffic flow  :eek: :rofl:

Offline TrishCW

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• My little "GEM"

Oh Trish, so he was transported, wow....   He wouldn't have had a great time  :blubber:.   Have you done the research, seen what he was charged with....  It's all archived.

yes as far as I know It was stealing 3 ducks and a drake not much to get such a harsh sentence

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Was John de Lancaster standing on some ghost lines when one of your forefathers decided to drive against the traffic flow  :eek: :rofl:

OK I think you should just check this out before you start ribbing me about my driving....   H Aha hahahahaha

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documentsonline/details-result.asp?queryType=1&resultcount=1&Edoc_Id=7709104

Pretty savage lot my lot were   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Scary Stuff.. Think that gene must be quite watered down now (you seem very placid)  :winker:

Really nice Video that ... (see not off topic at all)

P.S. Thanks for that archive link .. Trish will save it to check out her forefathers and mothers  :goodjob:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
great video Asa.  :mrgreen: :goodjob:  I'm getting a camera like yours and Steve's in the next couple of months.  :yahoo:
i would be interesting to turn on the camera when you get you car serviced,just to see and hear what was going on.  :idea:
oh,I'm also  eagerly awaiting the lotto numbers.  :whistler: :winker: :rofl:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County
Good quality video, great to see it from different countries.
Great, the dove, walking across the road. :lol:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
i would be interesting to turn on the camera when you get you car serviced...

If it's the same camera as mine, which I believe it is, it can turn itself on when it detects motion. So, after a service at my dealership it would be a very brief videol  :undecided:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i would be interesting to turn on the camera when you get you car serviced...

If it's the same camera as mine, which I believe it is, it can turn itself on when it detects motion. So, after a service at my dealership it would be a very brief videol  :undecided:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :scared: :faint:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
"There was a problem playing your video - video not found"
:(
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

"There was a problem playing your video - video not found"
:(

He did warn us.. it was only for a limited time.. ASA didn't think it was very good but some of us conissours liked it.. I don't think that spelling is right but I like the sound of that way better  :whistler:

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti

some of us conissours liked it.. I don't think that spelling is right but I like the sound of that way better  :whistler:
:question: Unforunately my dictionary cannot hear you, but I think I get the point. I liked Asa's "produce" too :mrgreen:
Am I allright doc'?
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal