i30 Owners Club

I went to work yesterday, yipppeeeee

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

This is not very good because I haven't got the full idea of cutting and pasting (video footage), but practise makes perfect. 

I worked in BLackpool yesterday and this is some footgage recorded on the journey home, the journey home is over one hour long so it's truncated quite a lot.  I had to call off at Costco on the way home to collect a birthday cake for my eldest daughter who has just turned forty and that is where the vid ends.  :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :disapp: :disapp: :disapp: (you have the Video set to Private on Youtube) I would really like to see it but it won't let me (or anyone else probably... :whistler:) Hope you can work out how to free it up  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I've changed the setting to 'anyone who has the link' does that work for you Dazz ???????????????

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Works for me :goodjob:

A familiar trip for me (well, the Preston New Road & M55 bits :D)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I've changed the setting to 'anyone who has the link' does that work for you Dazz ???????????????

Yep thanks... :goodjob: (I'll have a good look at it shortly)  :D

:goodjob: Gee and you even upscaled it to 1080P .. great to see how the other half lives  :winker:

Offline sopel

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Bytom, Poland

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Nice little vid, asa.... :goodjob:

But....in your credits you list Dave Clark 5, I could've sworn Gimme Some Lovin' was by the Spencer Davis Group..... :winker:

I did like your choice of music, by the way.... :D

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
you're driving on the wrong side of the road ;)

We're British, we like being awkward and dysfunctional.  Anyhow, it's more convenient for the postilion riders to reach across to the lead horses and whip them into shape.  It also aids him in seeing how closely he is to the roadside ditch.  Onced we move up from horse drawn carraiges we'll fall in with the rest of the world and do it the 'AMERICAN' way, I think not  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In the meantime, please be patient with us, we're very slow learners...

Have a great day Sopel   :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Nice little vid, asa.... :goodjob:

But....in your credits you list Dave Clark 5, I could've sworn Gimme Some Lovin' was by the Spencer Davis Group..... :winker:

I did like your choice of music, by the way.... :D

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Rusty.... cripes.    Well spotted, in future I will have to have you edit all my work before publication...

:faint: :faint: :faint: :blubber: :blubber: :blubber: :fum: :fum: :fum:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
great vid Asa.  :goodjob: :mrgreen: at The beginning of the video you backed up to let that truck get around the corner,i wish everyone on the road had the same courtesy as you.  :goodjob: :judges: :hatoff:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

at The beginning of the video you backed up to let that truck get around the corner

I liked that bit too.. Never had need to do that .. (Would have been a bit hard if anyone behind..)  :eek:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
... you backed up to let that truck get around the corner,i wish everyone on the road had the same courtesy as you...

Don't you believe it. That truck would have carried on regardless of any hit on Asa's car  :twisted: some are like that  :-\
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

great vid Asa.  :goodjob: :mrgreen: at The beginning of the video you backed up to let that truck get around the corner,i wish everyone on the road had the same courtesy as you.  :goodjob: :judges: :hatoff:

I watched that bit again (he did thank you .. half heartedly)  :whistler:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Great little video Asa. I wish you could have bumped the VW at the start of your trip, you would have got to work a couple of minutes earlier :whistler: :whistler: :whistler:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Great little video Asa. I wish you could have bumped the VW at the start of your trip, you would have got to work a couple of minutes earlier :whistler: :whistler: :whistler:

UM...

I did seriously consider it, Oops I shouldn't be admitting to that should I, but then it would have scratched my wonderful car as well as his/hers...   I was on my way home, which is why it started outside a macdugals, I could have gone to the hospital resteraunt and had a lunch for a couple of £, but I felt llike a macdugals 'GO LARGE' of course  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I snipped out most of the motorway/highway as I thought it's pretty much the same wherever ya are, the longest highway drive I have done was from Toronto the Myrtle Beach SC 401 across to Niagra, crosss into New York State and then find the i95 and that the higheay you're on for three days and three nights.  It can be described in one word  BORING.....

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Nice job Asa :goodjob: :goodjob:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

I agree. And that VW in the beginning sure was waiting too long. And the guy at 5:00 just couldn't wait, could he? Although it would be much harder (or impossible) for you to turn, if he had waited..

Great video I must say, nice music.

So, what was the cake like? :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal