Accim's videos

accim · 61 · 11798

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Okay, so here's one short video, quality really sucks. I wanted to film it in better quality, but then the file is too huge. But, for a first video, it will have to do. The next ones will be in better quality, prettier locations, roads..

Time: nice Sunday morning, the traffic was really minimum.
Location: the capital of Slovenia, town Ljubljana and around.

In 20 minutes, I've been filming these are some "funny things" that happened. But there were many other "funny situations", but didn't film it.

1: Time 0:06 (people just "jump in", all the time)
2: Time 0:33 (no signal)
3: Time 0:36 (which lane?)
4: Time 0:46 (red light)
5: Time 0:58 (yellow)
6: Time 1:08 (red - and the guy doesn't even slow down or accelerate..just keeps on driving. He didn't even see it)
7: Time 1:20 (yellow)
8: Time 1:30 (bikers)

Ok, just few examples. Nothing special and happens probably in most countries. But the funny thing is, that all of those things happened in max 20 min period of time.. And in next 20 min 10 or 20 more things like that, etc.. And I must admit, that the traffic was really great and that during the week, at around 7-9 am or 3-6 pm, it's 10 times worse.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
good work Accim...  Interestng... helpful comments too  :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Quite watchable thanks accim  :goodjob: Looks like a nice enough place...I would take ages to get used to driving on that side of the road  :confused:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Great video clip accim - always good seeing "first hand" trips on foreign roads :D

Well done.

Next job is to get Hypercam 2 registered :P :lol:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Great clip for a first attempt you should be proud of yourself, accim. :goodjob: :goodjob:

It looks like there are idiots on the road everywhere, not just where I live in Australia. Those two motorcyclists at the end of your video must have a death wish. :scared: :scared:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Those two motorcyclists at the end of your video must have a death wish. :scared: :scared:

I didn't think they did anything particularly bad, just normal lanesplitting, really...they also used indicators and didn't take off before the lights turned green... :whistler:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Looks very open and green.

I take it on the roundabout, cars on the roundabout have the right of way.
If there was a bump, like you had bumped the car that joined who would be to blame ?
You or the driver that joined?

Re red lights?
Do you have traffic camera's to catch light jumpers?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline neoto

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

• i30cw 1.6 CRDi Style 90 HP
Looks very open and green.

I take it on the roundabout, cars on the roundabout have the right of way.
If there was a bump, like you had bumped the car that joined who would be to blame ?
You or the driver that joined?

Re red lights?
Do you have traffic camera's to catch light jumpers?

Well, the climate here in Slovenia makes it a very green country, indeed. The capital Ljubljana has quite a few trees and you can even hear birds singing in the morning. :)
Anyway, the cars already in the roundabout have the right of way. Those who join in must pay attention (have 'lower priority').
Regarding the speed cameras - there are a few in Ljubljana that catch light jumpers. Since July 1st, we have much higher penalties in Slovenia and such light jumping activity can be really costly :) Unfortunately, there are not enough policemen on the roads in Slovenia... And to aid the national budget, the government stopped hirring new ones...  :-\

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Those two motorcyclists at the end of your video must have a death wish. :scared: :scared:

I didn't think they did anything particularly bad, just normal lanesplitting, really...they also used indicators and didn't take off before the lights turned green... :whistler:

I disagree, rustynutz. My comments are based on Queensland road rules

1. Lane splitting is illegal. A motorcycle is like any other vehicle, it must wait behind the vehicle in front at traffic lights.
2. Crossing a solid lane diving line is illegal.
3. Turning right from a lane clearly marked with an arrow as a left turn only lane is illegal.
4. The first motorcyclist stopped forward of the stop line. This is also illegal.

Do you think the fact they used indicators and didn't take off before the lights changed makes all the above illegal manoeuvres OK?

If the car to the left of the motorcyclists decided to turn right and took them out, who would you blame? I couldn't see the lane marking under the car, but if it was also a left turn only lane, then the two motorcyclists would have been mown down. The word that comes to mind is "D*&kheads"

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
The word that comes to mind is "D*&kheads"

You need a better keyboard mate. The word is "dickheads" :P

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Jeepers  :confused: I'm sure that happens down her all the time ... :winker:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Thank you for that Shambles. Damn keyboard, I think it's about time I mowed it :twisted: :twisted:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

I disagree, rustynutz. My comments are based on Queensland road rules

1. Lane splitting is illegal. A motorcycle is like any other vehicle, it must wait behind the vehicle in front at traffic lights.
2. Crossing a solid lane diving line is illegal.
3. Turning right from a lane clearly marked with an arrow as a left turn only lane is illegal.
4. The first motorcyclist stopped forward of the stop line. This is also illegal.

Do you think the fact they used indicators and didn't take off before the lights changed makes all the above illegal manoeuvres OK?

If the car to the left of the motorcyclists decided to turn right and took them out, who would you blame? I couldn't see the lane marking under the car, but if it was also a left turn only lane, then the two motorcyclists would have been mown down. The word that comes to mind is "D*&kheads"

I didn't actually say they didn't do anything illegal, UM.... :winker:

But, just to clarify things, there is no such law in Queensland (or anywhere else in Australia) specifically stating lane splitting is illegal, but, feel free to post the relevant road rule if you think it's there, I'm pretty confident you won't find it though.....  :p

Anyhow, it appears that the lane was a left turn lane as just before the video finishes, the car following the motorcycles looked like it was beginning to turn left as well, but I'm sure "accim" can tell us for sure..... :D

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

Thank you for that Shambles. Damn keyboard, I think it's about time I mowed it :twisted: :twisted:

watch you don't get raided and charged for cultivation um.  :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
great video accim.  :goodjob: :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Yaay. I have a new video. It's being uploaded on the YouTube as we speak :D

I had some things to do in town Koper. That is a town on the Slovenian see. It's also quite important for Slovenian economy, because it's a port for ships (name: Port of Koper) and a lot of cargo comes/goes there.

Okay, so back to the video. It's quite long (more than 1 hour). I filmed driving through town Koper and then driving from Koper to Ljubljana (capital of Slo) (click the 1st one - Capodistria Koper)

The quality is relatively bad, but better then the one above. Why I filmed in such a bad quality? Because even in this small format, it's over 200MB  :confused: I have to figure something out. If I had set the phone (cam) to high quality, it would be at least 5 GB  :faint: I have a camera too at home. I'll try using the cam, maybe the file won't be that big and the quality will be decent.

Oh and yes. Check the 58 min 40 sec  :-\

Here's the vid:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Yeah, I forgot. 1 hour long movie. Can't upload it on YouTube..

I'll split it in few parts. What's the limit for YouTube AND which program should I use for splitting? :S Thanks..  :cool:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Normal limit is 15 minutes (I have been approved for longer  :D .. but not sure what is my upper limit  :confused:)

I have a couple of commercial editing programs (not sure what is the best freeware editor I will google and edit this post with a link)  :winker:

Try these links ...You will need to find oone that works with your operating system (virtual dub used to be pretty good...)

http://jaypeeonline.net/freeware/free-video-editing-software-windows/

I find Cnet website a good safe and helpful place for free software too

http://jaypeeonline.net/freeware/free-video-editing-software-windows/

http://www.labnol.org/software/download/video-spin-better-video-editor-windows-movie-maker-free-youtube/2254/

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
An hour long might be a bit on the lengthy side accim  :undecided:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
OK if it's gonna be a full hour I want popcorn and ice cream provided......    :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
But, just to clarify things, there is no such law in Queensland (or anywhere else in Australia) specifically stating lane splitting is illegal, but, feel free to post the relevant road rule if you think it's there, I'm pretty confident you won't find it though.....  :p

Any luck in finding it, UM???  :whistler:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
An hour long might be a bit on the lengthy side accim  :undecided:

Yeah, you're right, it is too long. I'll post two or three 5 min videos maybe, the quality sucks anyway :)

Dazz: thanks for the links. i'll try it.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Okay, so here we go. I made a video few hours ago, nothing special, I'm kind of learning and testing. The quality is better then previous one..

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
nice neighbourhood...  Good quality video  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Really enjoyed that accim, thanks for sharing :)

Especially liked the style of house you passed.

You have a lot of trees for neighbours :lol:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Thanks for the comments. Haha :D Yeah, treeeees :)

Here's one more - filmed few mins after the first one. It's short, and it shows only one small part of the town Kranj. It's like a demo or a preview of a town :D

P.S.: Interesting car at 2:21

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Great videos, accim..... :goodjob:

I really enjoyed seeing your neighbourhood.
Bit of a worry with that truck being on the wrong side of the road in the second vid.

Also I'm curious, what time of the day were these videos recorded?

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Great videos, accim..... :goodjob:

I really enjoyed seeing your neighbourhood.
Bit of a worry with that truck being on the wrong side of the road in the second vid.

Also I'm curious, what time of the day were these videos recorded?

Yeah the truck. They sometimes park there although they obviously shouldn't. There are few production companies 2-3 km from that location and sometimes they can't find a parking spot there, so they park here. Otherwise, the building on the right (it's also filmed at the end of the movie) is a shopping center, called Qlandia.

The videos were taken at approx 9:15 pm.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Thanks for the info.... :goodjob:

It's still surprising light at that time of day, what time does it get dark?  :-\

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Thanks for the info.... :goodjob:

It's still surprising light at that time of day, what time does it get dark?  :-\

Well, really scary dark  :mrgreen: - I think around 10pm (I'll check today) in the summer. In winter already at around 5pm  :neutral:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal