• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi everyone,
been a while since ive been on here :)
Just wondering i put this in general cuz i wanted to ask a few things,
Weve got a 2010 diesel slx i30
it has that annoy@ing seatbelt chime,
we asked the dealer to turn it off and they told us they cant because its a crucial component and it cant be turned off. does this Sound like the usual dealership b/s or no_? Because im considered wiring in a toggle switch to cut out the sound to the chime speaker??? (last resort)

Also we took it in for its 15k service a few weeks ago,
they did the basics oil and oil filter change, addeda satchet of fluid to the wiper resivour and charged $3.5 We also mentioned a few things i was concerned about including the fact that it wont go below about 5.7 to 5.5 l per 100 on a highway trip ie bundaberg to brissy, (only achieves 5.0 sitting on about 90km/h )on paper we get about 550-600kms out of 55ish litres, filling to the top.
this was met with the response that there were no error codes so its functioning normally.

Pretty pissed atm considering it had 4.4l/100 highway listed on the sticker and 4.7 extra urban......hmmm
was mainly the only reason why we would trade in a 6l/100 car for this one.
aside from that other listed problems included ,
 cruise wont engage or dissengage occasionally,
bunnyhops at the top of 2nd gear, is hard to start in the morning, (coldest morning start so far about 17 here so its never painfully cold in the morning)
upon start the headlights dim with the engines revs (like an old falcon with a bad alternator or an old postie bike, lights get brighter when revs increase) all of which we were told is normal opperation???

Let me know what you think, is it worth getting a second oppinion? we dont really want to take it back into them becasue they flog the guts out of the cars when they test drive them (caught them doing this with several brand new hyundais off the car trailer)

Does anyone know if you can go to someone else for warranty services and keep your warranty?
Cheers
Steve
  • 2010 fd i30 crdi 5 Spd Man.

Offline 001steve

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
also wanted to ask what oil they should be using in it as it seems awefully rattly when hot, Cheers

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Does anyone know if you can go to someone else for warranty services and keep your warranty?

Hi Steve...
You can take your car to any Hyundai dealer for warranty claims and/or servicing.....
As for the seatbelt chime...why don't you just wear your seatbelt?  :wink: :lol:

Just a suggestion re your poor fuel economy.....Have you tried this? It worked for me....
https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=4493.0

Offline 001steve

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
hi thanks for your reply :)
Definetly do wear my seatbelt!!!!
 however in my line of work its nessesary to car items in the front with me, including items that dont fit in the restraint on the passenger side, unot only that but i get in and out of the car a lot moving it around at home and theres no need to put a seatbelt on when parking it in the shed, :)
 usually i just do the belt up behind the load on the seat but i heard this is a bad idea with the pretensioners,
}I found that according to the online manual it says they shoud only go for 100 seconds,{
( seems a while will get earplugs and give it a go.... along with the ecu reset, wouldnt they of done this when servicing ? cheers.
btw anyone have an idea what the 15k cost them? cost us $290

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I checked the schematics, there is not physical way of switch them off, without resorting to tricking the sensors or switches. There may be a way in the service tool, but if the dealer won't do it you are stuck.

I know if won't help but stick to less than 9Kph and it shouldn't come one.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hey Steve (overall fuel rating is 4.7 .. but only those who live in very flat areas seem to be able to get near to that) But once you get some mileage up it should come down closer to 5.0 in your area.

Are you waiting for the glow plug light to go out before starting? Although I didn't find mine hard to start when i forgot to wait ...

The CRDi is a terrific car (give it more time) ...

By Kangaroo hopping do you mean the shudder if you drop below 1500 in 2nd and 3rd (this will improve as the motor ages as well) but still best to not let her labour in these gears... :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 001steve

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi dazzler,
Yep allways wait for glowplug, found that if i turn it on and off as in two full glow plug on and off it runs smoother,

weve got 15,000kms up on it now, i think im going to reset it (ecu reset) hope it doesnt get worse but.

the hopping is like the clutch slipping,  as youre accelerating from stop 1......2......bounce, bounce, bounce..3..........4....and so on. It does it occasionally sometimes just on 2thou rpm sometimes at around 2500rpm. ( trying to think of a better way to describe it, but its not labouring its sort of like it wants to take off

I rang up our dealership and went down today and saw the service manager who was nice but yeah didnt fix anything, and i was given the spiel about real world fuel economy vs the sticker on the car....
They wanted me to leave it overnight, im like no i cant trust you guys of a day time let alone leaving it here. lol
I still think that the salesman shouldnt be allowed to capitalise on the sticker economy if its not going to do it.
but meh...

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
my cars a petrol manual and it sometimes does that pig r@@t action from take off,I've put it down to very soft engine mounts.  :idea:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I've managed to get 4.4l/100.....according to the trip computer
And although I was a little conscious of driving for economy, I didn't drive slowly....in fact I sat on the speed limit of 100kph where I could and even drove at 110 on the freeway. Most of this was in relatively hilly country too.....

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal