Jetseal 109 (Polymer Paint Protection)**WITH PIX**

Dazzler · 43 · 13833

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
About to go and apply a second coat of this stuff to the Hybrid.. (pictures when finished) I will modify this tread then .. Bit over $50 delivered for enough to do at least 2 cars with two coats from these guys.. (actually closer to $60 now - it appears to have gone up) :confused:

http://www.chemguys.com.au/Auto_Detailing_Resin_Paint_Sealant_JetSeal_109_p/wac_118_16.htm

Big job for someone who does not polish their cars  :whistler:

Very thorough wash, then chamois off then apply Jetseal cream with an microfibre applicator then wait 15 minutes and buff it off with a microfibre cloth.. then wait 20 minutes (I waited an hour and a half)  :snigger: and do it all again...

One down side though, you can see your face clear as a bell when you look at the car (wish I was better looking)  :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
One down side though, you can see your face clear as a bell when you look at the car (wish I was better looking)  :disapp:

Perhaps you should do it in the dark?  :whistler:  :p

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Just a few pictures after I applied Jetseal 109 to the Hybrid (More details in post #1)

Looks almost like a new car  :P 

I think the reflection of my garage ceiling is the best one to give an idea of the gloss level  :Shocked: :Shocked:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Looks excellent Dazz.
Could you physically see the difference in the before and after applicfation?
What are your thoughts about it?
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Looks excellent Dazz.
Could you physically see the difference in the before and after applicfation?
What are your thoughts about it?

It was only last weekend I washed and used some spray wax on it and it was pretty shiny when it was delivered so the visual impact in some lights was not as dramatic as I hoped.. BUT

It certainly didn't reflect the garage roof like that before I applied the Jetseal ... AND

When you slide the back of your hand over the paint now it feels like very smooth glass or china (It felt quite gritty before the treatment)

Time will tell but for less than half a bottle of Jetseal (say $30 including a couple of applicators and a couple of generic microfibre cloths) I've got a finish similar to what some Dealers want "hundreds" for   :happydance: :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Excellent, I'm impressed.
(I like your "old" name better though  :D).
  • Tertius the i30

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I remember Rocket used to wax on about this stuff. From his posts here he had tried a lot of stuff and was happy with it.

From memory he also liked the citrus wash from these guys as well.

Though I still have plenty of polish that I need to use up before I take the plunge (and I got more car wash for Christmas that I have only just opened).

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I remember Rocket used to wax on about this stuff. From his posts here he had tried a lot of stuff and was happy with it.

That is why I bought some  :goodjob: (been wanting too for a while)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
How is the Jetseal going Dazz?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

How is the Jetseal going Dazz?

Seems great 

I will probably wash the car tomorrow so that will be a test .. It has been really windy down here lately then the odd dirty rain so the shine is a bit obscured at the moment ..  :Pout:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I have treated myself to a bottle of Jetseal 109 after reading so much about it on the forum.

It costs £22.95 plus postage from Amazon UK (= 35 AUD) - but I spotted a 470 ml (16 ounce) bottle in a local car accessory store for £19.50 (= 30 AUD). I now have to wait for some decent weather to apply it - unless I spend time and effort clearing enough space in the garage to get the car in.

My paintwork is feeling very slightly gritty - so I will clay the car first - or is this not necessary?

Did you do the alloys Dazz - if so - has it kept them any cleaner from brake dust.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

Did you do the alloys Dazz - if so - has it kept them any cleaner from brake dust.

When I polished my car with the Meguiar's I also did the alloys. Since then I've never had to use anything else but water and shampoo to clean them. No problems with brakedust at all.  :mrgreen:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I did put some on the alloys Alan. I haven't washed the car since I applied it Alan. :-[ 

The Camry doesn't seem to create a lot of brake dust, so the wheels still look ok. I assume they will be easier to clean (I'll let you know) :razz:

Offline mantaray

• 3rd Gear
If the paint feels gritty , it would be advisable to clay bar. A good test is wrap your hand in a layer of glad wrap, and then wipe your hand over surface, if it feels rough , clay bar the sucker.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The Camry doesn't seem to create a lot of brake dust, so the wheels still look ok. I assume they will be easier to clean (I'll let you know) :razz:

The dirt just fell off when I rinsed the car with our pressure cleaner. Had to use some spray on bug and tar remover on the front but no elbow grease at all...shiny as a new pin again  :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline ElleB

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Our Elle B
Well I took all the gear to do the "rubba Dub" on the car while on holidays, when there is no pressure to do this and that around the home. ( stayed at the "in-laws"...)   :D

So here are some observations !!!

1. After washing the car,  it will look clean, but will need further attention.

2.  For sure you will need a clay bar or similar product to rub over all surfaces, especially the roof and bonnet. It is amazing how well and easily the spicks and specks come off, even road grime and imperfections in the paint.

3. BUT...Dont rely on the clay bar to remove the tar spots....it contaminates the clay bar easily, better to use a tar remover before claying the vehicle.

4. I did a test to see how the Jeteals 109 would go on the clean and clayed paintwork, which looked fine, so I did half the bonnet.   :faint:

5. WRONG WRONG !!.. once the 109 is applied, it shows up all the "hidden" watermarks and so on in the paintwork, even after the clay has done its thing. It basically locks them in.

6. I got some McGuires Ultra fine cut and polish.... gave the sealed and rest of the bonnet a once over.... wow, now we are talking... to do a polish prior to the application of the 109 is a must !! It removes all theos watermarks etc and gives a deep shine. this will be especially important on the horizontal surfaces.

7. Now we apply the Jetseal 109, it spreads easily and so you can do a reasonable area of the car, ( in the shade and cool of the morning I found best), leave it 15 minutes and then come back and buff off, easy peasy !!

The look and feel of the surface is completely different now.... silk smooth, no resistance, slippery as....!!   ( gotta help the fuel consumption  :happydance:)
Water drops chamois off real easy,  the shine is spectacular, and subsequent washing is  easy.

Oh !!   :Shocked:  in all the excitement, dont forget to apply the second layer !!! :snigger:

I will do the glass this week and intend to try it out on the shower glass as well.... might help keep the "missus" onside !!

Hope this is of assistance....Now to attack the 1935 Dodge !!! :sweating: :sweating: :sweating:   that will be hard yakka.... :cool:

Check out the result :

Cheers Elle B

• 2016 i30 CW auto

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Sensational.  :goodjob2:
You're making me feel embarrassed now.  :-[  I need to get out there and do mine.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sensational result on that bonnet Tony  :Shocked: :Shocked: :mrgreen:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Where are you gents getting this fine product?

http://chemguys.com.au/

Or is there somewhere cheaper?

Offline ElleB

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Our Elle B
Buying direct Beerman... the stuff works great, so for a "once in a blue moon" job, it is worth the cost...I got a few washers and microfiber cloths etc as well...

You can get cut and polish from them as well, but I didnt think I would need it, at the time of order, so when I realised my error, I went for the Mcguires from the local Auto Barn.... cost about $18.... and it has a proven track record.

That is why I emphasisied the need to polish BEFORE applying the Jetseal 109..

:cool:
  • 2016 i30 CW auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That's where I got it from mate  :goodjob:

The label on the bottle is a bit dodgy though.. fairly amateur printing and a couple of typos... :wacko:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Thought so. I initially looked at the US site, it amazes me how much cheaper it is over there to here.

The shipping seems like a bit of a rip off too...

But I guess that's the price you pay...

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Not overly impressed with the service.

I ordered some Jetseal and got the box yesterday. No jetseal, they had packed a different product by mistake.

Rang the 24/7 mobile number at 10am yesterday and repeatedly through yesterday and today with messages left and I am still waiting for a response.....  :fum:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That's a bit poor beerman..

They might let you keep the other product as a bonus if you are tactful (can you be tactful?)  :winker:

I would say " Gee, I hope this stuff is worth waiting for? I've been looking forward to trying some after all the good reports I've heard .. Now I have to wait even longer" :whistler:

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Thought so. I initially looked at the US site, it amazes me how much cheaper it is over there to here.

The shipping seems like a bit of a rip off too...

But I guess that's the price you pay...

I thought the shipping was a bit extreme but the performance of the product was fine. And it will last a fair while with two cars I figure. Your delivery cockup sounds irritating although my order was correct and delivered in a timely manner. Maybe you can twist their arm for some freebies.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline ElleB

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Our Elle B

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Just got an email....

He is dispatching the Jetseal and I get to keep the M-seal they sent me by mistake.

Apparently he is painting his house and it is a little crazy.

Postage would be cheaper if he didn't use registered mail.....

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good result  :goodjob:

Wonder what the difference is? (that stuff is only $20) :undecided:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Did my cW today. Washed it in Chemical Guys Citrus Wash, then hit it with a coat of CG EZ Creme Glaze before 2 coats of JETseal. I think the morning was well spent.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal