i30 Owners Club

Driving light bar on 2012 CRDi?

WayneD · 7 · 3534

Offline WayneD

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi guys

I am less than happy with the high beam on my new i30 and as I do a lot of driving for my kayak fishing and camping adventures (did 1300km in first week of owning it) I am wanting to put some spotties on it. The problem I have is that the bumper where the number plate screws to is not very strong and is backed by a heap of foam padding. I worked out I needed about 160mm long bolts to reach back to the steel support bar behind the bumper bar and is going to be a pain to do. Just wondering what other people have done? I have searched and saw some people have installed them on the previous model but was wondering if they have the same setup as the new model. If so wouldn't the weight of the bar make the spotties bounce up and down with every bump in the road?

I don't want to go to the trouble of the HID conversion and I would have loved to mount a lightbar under my roofracks but there just isn't enough room.
  • 2012 i30 CRDi The Yakster Mobile

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Welcome WayneD,

This photo belongs to member Ugly Mongrel, PM him, I'm sure he'll help if possible. I know it's not the current model, but there shouldn't be too many differences.

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr343/umongrel/IMAG0277.jpg
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline WayneD

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Thanks Phil

I have sent him a PM.

Sorry I just realised I probably didn't need to post this in the diesel section, non specific would have been better...

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Thanks Phil

I have sent him a PM.

Sorry I just realised I probably didn't need to post this in the diesel section, non specific would have been better...

UM's in Vegas too  :whistler:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline WayneD

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Those bars can be bought from Supercheap Auto...  :)

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/SCA-Driving-Light-Bar-Universal.aspx?pid=219098#Description

Thanks but I work for an auto electrical mob that imports all alternators, starters, lights and some auto accessories so I've got all the bits I need covered  :D

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal