i30 Owners Club

Door handle Paint Colour?

dlee13 · 26 · 8984

Offline dlee13

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
    • My Flickr
Does anyone know the colour code of the 2011 Hyundai i30 door handle? Even though they're plastic I seem to have a small silver scrape on my black door handles and I want to touch it up.
  • Hyundai 2011 i30 SX FD 1.6

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Does anyone know the colour code of the 2011 Hyundai i30 door handle? Even though they're plastic I seem to have a small silver scrape on my black door handles and I want to touch it up.

If it is the same colour as the body then I would expect it to be the same code.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
You could purchase stick on plastic chrome covers, I put then on the daughter's car and they look great.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Hi dlee and welcome.. Hopefully the covers like those on my wife's SX CW (see signature picture below)are still available on ebay for around A$25 a set

Here you go.. here's one link

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chrome-Door-Handle-Covers-Hyundai-i30-CW-07-12-xd26-/220843972854?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336b5398f6&_uhb=1
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline dlee13

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
    • My Flickr

Hi dlee and welcome.. Hopefully the covers like those on my wife's SX CW (see signature picture below)are still available on ebay for around A$25 a set

Here you go.. here's one link

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chrome-Door-Handle-Covers-Hyundai-i30-CW-07-12-xd26-/220843972854?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336b5398f6&_uhb=1

Thanks Dazzler! Yeah I think I will order those chrome covers you just linked me, they should look nice since my i30 is shine red! Mine is a SX FD, do you know if there is much of a difference?

I've only had the car for 3 days and I love it so much  :happydance: haha

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
dlee,if you have the SX you have the plain black door handles,I have an SX and a SLX, got a mark on the SX door handle and I just used a standard matt black and just used a very small fine brush  to cover the mark once dried you couldn't notice it,if it is a trophy your colour code will be on the compliance plate.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline dlee13

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
    • My Flickr
dlee,if you have the SX you have the plain black door handles,I have an SX and a SLX, got a mark on the SX door handle and I just used a standard matt black and just used a very small fine brush  to cover the mark once dried you couldn't notice it,if it is a trophy your colour code will be on the compliance plate.

Yes standard Matte Black is what I would need then, I think a cotton bud should work well too for thin touch ups like this handle.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
also just noticed your in Perth,if you do have colour coded door handles and also if you just want a can of touch up,Malz in Cannington,go see Adam they can make up either small cans and small aerosol cans of touch up and they do a pretty bang on job of getting the colour match right
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline dlee13

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
    • My Flickr
also just noticed your in Perth,if you do have colour coded door handles and also if you just want a can of touch up,Malz in Cannington,go see Adam they can make up either small cans and small aerosol cans of touch up and they do a pretty bang on job of getting the colour match right

Yes I am but I'm quite far north, do you reckon super cheap auto or Repco would have it for a decent price? If not I will give that store a try

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

Yes standard Matte Black is what I would need then, I think a cotton bud should work well too for thin touch ups like this handle.

Been there done that,I thought the same thing, don't use a cotton bud,they dang near always tend to leave cotton wool behind with them  :lol: tiny fine art bushes are only 20 cents and with a very steady hand do a great job,speaking touch up I must get another can,I inadvertantly left the lid on my last one a little loose and it dried out.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

I wouldn't go to supercheap for anything,their run by blokes who wouldn't know a magnet from a muffler,Reco may be able to help you,but I'm sure there would be a Malz North of the river,but I'm not real sure whether all the stores do paint matching,another option is go to your local panel shop,not sure what they would charge for a small can of touch up,not knowing your driving conditions you may never need touch up,I do a lot of country miles and get a lot of stone chips.bit of a nuisance

Offline dlee13

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
    • My Flickr

Been there done that,I thought the same thing, don't use a cotton bud,they dang near always tend to leave cotton wool behind with them  :lol: tiny fine art bushes are only 20 cents and with a very steady hand do a great job,speaking touch up I must get another can,I inadvertantly left the lid on my last one a little loose and it dried out.

Oh I used to use them at my old work when touching up our products and I never had any problems with the cotton getting on stuff :P but yes I will try the small art brush since I want the car to look its best!

Offline dlee13

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
    • My Flickr

I wouldn't go to supercheap for anything,their run by blokes who wouldn't know a magnet from a muffler,Reco may be able to help you,but I'm sure there would be a Malz North of the river,but I'm not real sure whether all the stores do paint matching,another option is go to your local panel shop,not sure what they would charge for a small can of touch up,not knowing your driving conditions you may never need touch up,I do a lot of country miles and get a lot of stone chips.bit of a nuisance

I just looked it up and there's a Malz not far from me in Balcatta so I shall go there tomorrow or Monday! I don't do country driving so I should be fine. Thanks for the info, I had never even heard of Malz before!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Thanks Dazzler! Yeah I think I will order those chrome covers you just linked me, they should look nice since my i30 is shine red! Mine is a SX FD, do you know if there is much of a difference?

I've only had the car for 3 days and I love it so much  :happydance: haha

There is a lot of difference between the FD and FG handles (the new model handles taper at each end)

Those stick on handles work great and still look like new after 2 years  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
The guy who started Malz used to own Supercheap then started Malz in opposition after he sold SC.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
both our FD sx i30's have had paint transfer from idiots opening their doors on our cars,but luckily it has been on the black door handles.  :faint:  i just scraped the paint off from the other cars door left on our door handles.  :idea:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
The guy who started Malz used to own Supercheap then started Malz in opposition after he sold SC.

Yes when he sold it it wasn't called supercheap,was trying to remember what it was called last night but still hasn't come to me,he actually sold it too the Rocco's brothers group(SA company auto group)who changed the name was part of the deal of the sale;

He was not allowed to start any auto accessory shops for a period of two years after the sale, after that he started with the original Malz at Cannington,then over the past years slowly putting more stores in Key positions as close as possible to key supercheap stores, the malz stores will always beat supercheap stores pricing on normal day to day prices,not specials,but funny how their specials seem to run at the same time.

The last time I went into a supercheap was in SA,over 14 months ago,as they were selling all their roof boots extremely cheap to get rid of them,I got my roof  boot for lees than half price, never been into one since,as I said before run by kids that would know a 1/2= 9/16 spanner from a phillips head screw driver, another reason I don't go to auto one stores either.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Marlows.
supercheap autos used to be marlows in Victoria.
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline dlee13

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
    • My Flickr
I went and checked out Malz today and yes it was much better, busier than SC too! I had driven past it a few times a week and never really noticed it. My one is the Balcatta store and yes it's only about 500m away from SC.

I know how you feel, I've only had my car for 4 days with someone opening their door on mine so I'm glad it was on the handle not the body!

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Marlows.

Yes came to me about 10am this morning while driving to York to get some shopping.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Marlows.

Yes came to me about 10am this morning while driving to York to get some shopping.

:lol:  It's amazing how soon we forget, isn't it?
It took me ages to get used to saying Supercheap.  :rolleyes:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Yes was Malz eigth anniversary last August,I think it was

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

They don't sell Shell oils unfortunately so I've been getting it at SC but I think I'll be buying from Repcos from now on.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
They don't sell Shell oils unfortunately so I've been getting it at SC but I think I'll be buying from Repcos from now on.

Like Supercheap,I have never used Shell products either

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal