i30 Owners Club

Front Grille Bug Screen for GD i30

pidim · 8 · 3080

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi all,  just wondering if anyone can provide any information on getting a bug screen to suit a GD i30.  I'm not looking for a permanent solution, as I really need it for a once year trip I do between Sydney and Deniliquin. 

Is there an easy way I can place some screen on the front of the grille (like picture shown) as this configuration would also protect the lower part of the bumper etc.

Hope someone can advise

Thank you.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Bit of an initial expense but worth it if your worried about damage.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Thanks you both for your info.  I may check out the supercheap ones first, as $440 is very expensive for the car bra and see how that goes. 

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
A small $3.50 mesh shield over the radiator along with some of this spray on peel off clear shield might be a good combo?

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Armor-All-Custom-Shield-Clear-396g.aspx?pid=343673#Recommendations
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
A small $3.50 mesh shield over the radiator along with some of this spray on peel off clear shield might be a good combo?

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Armor-All-Custom-Shield-Clear-396g.aspx?pid=343673#Recommendations

Thanks for that.  Not sure I'd be game to do this. Have you ever used it?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Thanks for that.  Not sure I'd be game to do this. Have you ever used it?

I've read favorable reviews and I think Member Neptune has used it. It's good for up to 3 months apparently and quite safe on your paint. Comes in black and white as well I believe.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
VitaWrap - that clear foil you use in the kitchen. Will stick to the car but is easy removeable...
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal