i30 Owners Club

GD-01 Upgrade to GD-02 Head unit

Offline selviii

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      melbourne
First of all, my apologies if this is a stupid question or if i'm posting in the wrong area! Im a newbie.

Im looking to swap out my GD-01 unit on my 2013 i30 to a GD-02 just because thats the most available head unit i can find. I've searched for a thread regarding this issue but couldn't find anything. I saw a how-to on upgrading from a gd-01/02 to a gd-03, so I've just assumed i can do the same with the gd-02.

Incase its useful, my audio completely cut out despite showing connection which I've read is a common issue. I was quoted $600+ at Hyundai and they were pretty confident that the unit will need replacing.  :head_knock:

Is this possible? if so is there any important information that I should know regarding compatibility, etc?
  • Hyundai i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yes you can use a GD-02 to replace your current GD-01, though I wouldn't recommend that unit either.

GD-03 units have been trouble free and come with much better features and just as simple to fit.

Japwreck will sell the GD-03 units quite cheap, under $200 I think :undecided: though they will cut the USB cable for the USB/Aux module which is also required.

Stanvac Korean Auto wreckers sell them at a higher price but will come complete with no cut cables or extra charge for the USB/AUX module.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal