i30 Owners Club

1000km from first fill!!!

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
On the first tank from the dealer, I did about 800km and decided to fill up because I wasnt sure how much the dealer had put in - no point pushing it.  The light still hadnt come on but its quite a way between servo's out my way, and the local is a few cents a litre dearer.  Anyway I squeezed 52 litres in waiting for the froth to settle.  On that tank light came on at about 930km.  To the servo was 1003km!!!  Put in another 52 litres - will see how it goes.  Trip comp is still reading 5.2lt / 100km which seems accurate based on the amount of fuel I put in.  I havent been trying to drive economical at all, aircon going, overtaking trucks and cars, uphill, sometimes reaching 140km/h plus while overtaking.  I'm stoked!

Offline sopel

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Bytom, Poland
congrats m8 , i did 1000 km just once, when i was on a trip to Croatia :) cheers

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Nice result L-D  :P
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline davet

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Coffs Harbour

• Rides: i30 crdi SLX white
Car came half full so I filled it up early on to get a base for fuel consumption.  At first fill after about 600K the gauge was still above half.  Trip computer was 4.7 l/100km, calculated was 5.1 (I guess I managed to get more fuel in this time).  Much of this was highway driving but into a headwind so hopefully will get better.  Since that fill TC is also saying 4.7 l/100km.  Again into a headwind much of the time (southerly change since I drove north :cry: ).  Has done 450K or so and gauge is sitting on 3/4.full.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal