i30 Owners Club

Deisel more fuel efficient than hybrid

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Found this article on ninemsn.
Probably nothing we here dont already know, but makes interesting reading and it makes a referral to the i30 specificly. :D

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=577598

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Eyma,

Like you said nothing new but good for us just the same....

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline LowEmissionI30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
This article also sings the praises of the i30 CRDi by reporting on the solar challenge where (as most of you probably know) the i30 managed an average of 3.2 l from Darwin to Adelaide (leaving the Prius looking like a silly choice).

Of course this is a little unfair to the hybrid given that they are not known to excel at saving fuel on the open road. Their territory is clogged cities but still, given the price difference and the environmental issues associated with the batteries of hybrids I'd take the i30 any day  :P  
Shame we don't get the particle filter as an option because environmentalists (who other than governments are generally the ones buying hybrids) shy away from the i30 as a result.  I suppose Peugeot diesels are an option for them...

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
G-Day LowEm my fellow canberran friend,

Have you got used to the power of the turbo at 2200rpm now. It is impressive for a small Deisel. I guess you would have had it about a week now. how is it going. :D

Cheers

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Quote from: "LowEmissionI30"
This article also sings the praises of the i30 CRDi by reporting on the solar challenge where (as most of you probably know) the i30 managed an average of 3.2 l from Darwin to Adelaide (leaving the Prius looking like a silly choice).

Until you read the article in Wheels magazine by the guy that drove the i30. Driiving in 40 degree heat at 70 km/h all the way from Darwin to Adelaide with no aircon going!! Stuff that - I'll pay extra for fuel!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Fair Point Oz but even with Air on and driving at say a steady 90km would probably have only been 4.5 or less (still pretty competitive!)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal