i30 Owners Club

Towing trailer article

Offline i30CRDI

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Hornsby
Renowned, Eco-adventurer Hans Tholstrup has driven a Hyundai i30 SX CRDi manual turbo Diesel, towing a Cub Kamparoo Weekender trailer from Sydney to Melbourne using less than one tank of fuel (total capacity 53 litres).

The 400 kg Kamparoo Weekender trailer had an additional 300 kg of weight added to ensure that the package represented real world conditions. Cub Campers fitted some environmentally friendly extras including a solar powered fridge and a charcoal burn oven. Hans Tholstrup achieved his goal, last week travelling the 864.5 kilometres down the Hume Highway to Melbourne in less than 11hours - with sensible rest stops.

Conditions were wet for much of the trip, but this didn't stop Hans Tholstrup who recorded an average fuel consumption of just 5.4 litres / 100 kilometres and a low CO2 output of only 142 grams / kilometre+.

"This was an exciting challenge that we set for Hans," said Kevin McCann, Hyundai's Director of Sales and Marketing. "The i30 SX 1.6 CRDi turbo Diesel recently beat an array of Diesel and hybrid rivals to top both fuel efficiency and overall operating costs in a survey conducted by the RACV, RAA, RACQ, RACWA & RACT. This drive proves that people can still get out and enjoy Australia without blowing the budget."

The i30 CRDi's official fuel consumption figure is 4.7 litres / 100 kilometres* and official CO2 emission figure is only 125 grams / kilometre* when fitted with a manual transmission (and with no trailer attached).

+ Source: Australian Design Rule CO2 conversion form.
* Source: Australian Design Rule 81 / 01 static laboratory combined average city & highway cycle test.

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/mo ... &sid=89557

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I knew I'd made the right choice!  :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Nice posting i30CRDI .. thanks
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal