i30 Owners Club

Very uncool glovecompartement.

Guest · 4 · 1981

Wittendorff
Hi.
I've noticed that my glovecompartement always is hot like an Owen. Even with the vent closed, the temperature is well above "choco bar melting" level.
In my previous cars, the coolant function always let Cold air into the compartement, regardless of what the climate control was set at.
Is this common?

/Jakob

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Hi.
I've noticed that my glovecompartement always is hot like an Owen. Even with the vent closed, the temperature is well above "choco bar melting" level.
In my previous cars, the coolant function always let Cold air into the compartement, regardless of what the climate control was set at.
Is this common?

/Jakob

The vent needs to be in the open position (turned to the right) to allow air into the glovebox and it's only going to get the same temperature air as set on your air conditioning.
  • Tertius the i30

Wittendorff
Hi.
Is this common?

/Jakob

The vent needs to be in the open position (turned to the right) to allow air into the glovebox and it's only going to get the same temperature air as set on your air conditioning.

Thanx, this actually means that there will be no coolant functionallity during winter time.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Hi.
Is this common?

/Jakob

Thanx, this actually means that there will be no coolant functionallity during winter time.

I think that's right Jakob.
I guess most cars don't have this feature (in Australia anyway) so I see it as a bit of a bonus.
But it is definitely linked to the air con so can only be the same temperature.
I've bought a small 12v fridge for the rear hatch area that just plugs straight in.
In my old FD I had to have some 12v sockets installed but in the Gd there's one there already which is a good thing.

• Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal