i30 Owners Club

no/low power in 48v mild hybrid battery

Offline grumpy michael

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      County Antrim
Hi there,
I've just bought a 2yr old i30 with 48v battery from a non-Hyundai dealer but have the 5yr warranty transferred over. I've just joined the forum and would welcome help/advice!
The car has less than 7k miles and apparently was only driven by the 1st owner on short local journeys. I think the hybrid battery is almost empty. I can see that energy is going to it when I brake and after a while it offers me a green A symbol and does carry out a battery operated restart. After this though I think that the battery is empty again and doesn't offer the same option for another while. I cannot see how I can build up any charge if it is discharging it as soon as it has gained it! I can probably turn off the restart option, but I don't see that this will allow the battery to recharge very quickly.
Would anyone have any suggestions?
  • 2021 i30 Connect SE 48v Petrol 1lt Manual Bronze

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I only have experience of the kia version - an that hovers around the 70-80% charge mark typically. you can make it charge faster by using the paddles to increase the regenerative breaking action - not sure how you do that on an i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal