i30 Owners Club

i30 Edition - rattle in the driver's side door

dj83 · 4 · 2141

Offline dj83

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi all,

My first post on this forum.

I appear to have a rattle coming from inside the driver's side door, between the arm-rest and the door handle.

I have taken it to the dealership, who claim that they have reinsulated the door, but the rattle is still continuing. It simply sounds like a loose screw or something within the door.

Any suggestion please?

Thank you.
  • i30 Edition

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I have an Edition (I thought they'd stopped doing the Edition?) I have no rattle nor suggestion, other than, take it back again and demonstrate the rattle to the technician :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

:wttc:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Do you have more than one key on your Key ring. just asking, as some time ago,I too had what seemed to be a rattle in the drivers door,eventually by mistake I found it was the extra keys on my Key Ring,this may not be your issue but a thought
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi dj83

:wttc:

I sometimes have a rattle from the front passenger door. If I push a little on the doorcard the rattle go away, so definitely something not right inside the door. It's just laziness that I haven't pulled the door apart yet.

How old is your car.. :question:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal