i30 Owners Club

An unexpected threat

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Well, Japan was scared to find 5 Russian military aircraft flying close to its border, so they decided to scramble fighter jets
http://mdn.mainichi.jp/mdnnews/news/20120209p2g00m0dm016000c.html

but the real threat came from unexpected side:
American military aircraft lost some parts in air of Japan
http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/pieces-of-metal-fall-from-u-s-military-aircraft-hit-car-in-kanagawa
 :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 18:50:30 by meehalych »

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Is your 2nd link correct?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Is your 2nd link correct?
it was, anyway I fixed the link

TOKYO —

The U.S. Navy said Thursday it was investigating how several chunks of one of its aircraft—including one around 2.2 meters by one meter—fell off as it flew back to its base in Japan.

Six pieces from an EA-6B Prowler, including a part of the engine cover, plunged to earth as the plane flew over Yamato, near the U.S. base at Atsugi in Kanagawa Prefecture, at about 2 p.m. on Wednesday. One part struck a car, causing minor damage, but no one was injured.

The aircraft, which belongs to the carrier George Washington based at Yokosuka, “was returning from a routine training flight when the parts fell off and the plane landed safely,” the U.S. Navy said in a statement.

An official from Yamato city said aircraft regularly dropped debris, adding that a house was damaged in 2010 by a piece of falling metal.

“The Navy deeply regrets any inconvenience this event may have caused its neighbors,” the Navy said in its statement.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal