i30 Owners Club

Electronics box hidden in panel next to handbrake

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
Does any body know what the electronics box is for that is located by the hand brake.

There is a small plastic section that you can lift off just next to the hand brake, you can then see it.  It has an arrow on the label facing forward.

I only ask as I am fitting a Motorola bluetooth hands free car kit. I don't want to remove any of the front dash board, so I wanted to place the main control box in the centre armrest box. But it is only about 10" (250mm) away from that electronics box. Don't want to cause a problem with what ever it is.

Having an arrow on it may suggest that it is some sort of acceleration recorder/meter perhaps for the airbag system  :exclaim:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Does any body know what the electronics box is for that is located by the hand brake.

There is a small plastic section that you can lift off just next to the hand brake, you can then see it.  It has an arrow on the label facing forward.

?
Not seen that.  I have a panel I can remove to get at the screw too remove arm rest.

Pic please so I can visualise
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
Under cover A.  Which can be removed by just hooking a finger under the rear end and pulling up.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Under cover A.  Which can be removed by just hooking a finger under the rear end and pulling up.

Cheers for the pic.  I'll look tomorrow.

Is it for the seat belt system?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
If I have found the photo (top right) of the right area it's is an SRS (Airbag) control module. Due caution should be applied!

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Nice one Lorian - this thread is probably eligible for the "technical data" group :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
.. and thanks Myowni30 for raising the query - a very useful bit of sleuthing there :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
If I have found the photo (top right) of the right area it's is an SRS (Airbag) control module. Due caution should be applied!

Yes the picture top right is the one.  Is there a larger photo or can I view it myself on some web site.

Thanks.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
That's as big as it gets without zooming in. You can find it by registering  a (free) account at www.hmaservice.com (usa site) abd looking at the electronic technical manual (ETM) pages for the "elantra touriing" which is basically a 2ltr i30 cw.

It takes a while to find you way around the site.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
did you know that the piece of carpet in the bottom of the console comes out,there is a 6" hole under the carpet square.easy access. :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
That's as big as it gets without zooming in. You can find it by registering  a (free) account at www.hmaservice.com (usa site) abd looking at the electronic technical manual (ETM) pages for the "elantra touriing" which is basically a 2ltr i30 cw.   It takes a while to find you way around the site.

Thanks Lorian.

I am a member there. But for some reason I cannot display most of the pages on the ETM tab. I notice that it uses Flash Player for the content on those pages, but my version will not display anything. I do have the latest version installed and this seems to be the problem. I updated to version 10 some time back and now I get this at several web sites. It was fine before I updated. Another fine effort from Adobe  :twisted:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal