i30 Owners Club

Six Weeks Six Thousand Km's for AU$0.09/Km

Opa_1 · 13 · 4501

Offline Opa_1

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      South West Rocks, NSW, Australia

• i30's are being seen everywhere....
Smokey has just taken us down and up the Eastern states of Australia even crossing Bass Straight to Tasmania. (On the Ferry of course, the i30's still don't float as far as I know.. :rolleyes:.. :razz:)

We had all sorts of weather from 40-50km winds to snow to morning frosts, excellent sunshine and hot temperatures. Traveling such a distance from north to south and back really takes you through some incredible changes in weather patterns. Roads were diverse and we limited the use of Freeways as we wanted to use back roads where there was a lot more to see and experience. All of this, fully loaded with the rear fold up seats taken out to allow for a little more space inside, roof racks loaded to the max with a roof pod as well as carrying my bike, for a little extra wind resistance. :P

Calculating using the figures from my fuel dockets from my first fill roughly three hundred km's into the trip as I started with half a tank full and my last fill also roughly three hundred km's before arriving home Smokey used 388.93 litres in 5767km's giving an average of 6.7l/100. Total cost was AU$499.76 making this AU$0.0866 per km. Am I happy with that.......wellllll.....HELL YEAH!! :lol: :lol:

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Fiery Red 2019 Premium!
    • Mutley Productions
Do you have an auto or manual mate? 6.7 seems high to me?

Offline Opa_1

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia

Do you have an auto or manual mate? 6.7 seems high to me?

It's a manual and I originally thought this was a tad high but when you take into account the load and diverse road conditions it is still very good economy.
Prior to the trip I was getting an average of 5.4l/100. Smokey is booked in for the 15000km service on friday so we shall keep an eye on the economy after that. :wink:

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
thats pretty good aye! the car sounds like it was loaded to the max!!!

thats a pretty cheap holiday (fuel wise)!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Home Nik & Wendy..."heaps" less than A$500  :wink: that is great ...

Looking forward to your full report..  :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Fiery Red 2019 Premium!
    • Mutley Productions
Yeah I guess being fully loaded and taking back roads would have contributed to it..

Offline Opa_1

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia

thats pretty good aye! the car sounds like it was loaded to the max!!!

thats a pretty cheap holiday (fuel wise)!

Fuel wise, definitely.. :wink: Otherwise, well lets just say it adds up!! :eek: :rolleyes:

If we had of taken the Territory we probably would have been looking at a figure of around AU$1200 so the savings were very useful for many other things.. :cool: :D

Offline Opa_1

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia

Yeah I guess being fully loaded and taking back roads would have contributed to it..

Think the biggest contributor was the roof pod and the bike as aerodynamics are compromised with all this gear on the roof. :P

Welcome Home Nic & Wendy..."heaps" less than A$500  :wink: that is great ...

Looking forward to your full report..  :mrgreen:

Thanks Darryl and I am working on the 'report'.. :) Was a great trip and the car couldn't have been better! 8)

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
turbo territory? man those things fly... i could live with that fuel consumption for the trade off of the power they have!

Offline Opa_1

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia

turbo territory? man those things fly... i could live with that fuel consumption for the trade off of the power they have!

If there is one thing the Territory has, it is power! They are great on the open road and if you want to get past, well, that is not an issue! The thing is when you punch the accelerator you can absolutely 'hear' the fuel being sucked through.. :mrgreen: oh well  :rolleyes:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

If there is one thing the Territory has, it is power! They are great on the open road and if you want to get past, well, that is not an issue! The thing is when you punch the accelerator you can absolutely 'hear' the fuel being sucked through.. :mrgreen: oh well  :rolleyes:

I thought you were talking about the i30 (until the last part of the sentence)  :wink:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :lol:  you wish dazz.  :lol: :P
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Ball joints are a bit of a worry though..... :wink:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal