i30 Owners Club

bonnet vents

jesam · 16 · 5078

Offline jesam

• 2nd Gear

• cy Cyprus
      kyrenia
Has anyone done this mod was thinking of putting a reverse bonnet scoop on the car  :winker:
  • hyundai i30 2008 crdi

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Not something I'd do unless it was going to be ported to the intake or if needing extra air for a intercooler though they can look smart on some cars to give the Subaru WRX look but it's rather pointless if it's not a working scoop :neutral:

Offline jesam

• 2nd Gear

• cy Cyprus
      kyrenia
Yeh i totally agree with what you are saying but to me this car just needs something on the bonnet to give it a more grrrrrrrrr look and yes the one i got my eye on is the subaru scoop
  • hyundai i30 2008 crdi

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
If I did one it would be like this or very similar,many moons ago we had a very talented chap in Adelaide who would do custom venting, either convex or concave,not one single bit of bondo all done with what metal your had on your bonnet,Heat and his self made Metal shaping tools.

• 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Once you go that sort of scale the fabrication would be very expensive :undecided: I think it would be cheaper to buy pre-made in carbon fibre or cheaper still in fibreglass and you get the weight reduction benefit as well.

Offline jesam

• 2nd Gear

• cy Cyprus
      kyrenia
Yeh that is smart real carbon fibre the only way as far as i am concerned.  forget that stick on shit but will my bonnet dampers work with this not to sure
  • hyundai i30 2008 crdi

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Once you go that sort of scale the fabrication would be very expensive :undecided: I think it would be cheaper to buy pre-made in carbon fibre or cheaper still in fibreglass and you get the weight reduction benefit as well.

The one I pictured Craig was a carbon fibre one, forgot the name of the company now who makes them.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yeah I noticed that it was C/F :goodjob2:

Not sure if we still have the restrictions on carbon fibre bonnets here, they were illegal at one stage because of the damage they can cause in an accident.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
I dont know the laws but I would wager fighting with at best insurance company if you were to hit a pedestrian. If they were seriously injured or killed (heaven forbid) just imagine.
I'm not against it and have future plans for functional openings on both Jeep and Accent. It just came up.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Yeh i totally agree with what you are saying but to me this car just needs something on the bonnet to give it a more grrrrrrrrr look and yes the one i got my eye on is the subaru scoop

Having a more grrrrrrrrr look, won't give you more grrrrrrrrr, though. That would annoy me.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I wouldn't mind that look on my Cammode! Is that Bogan???  :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
This would look better popping out your bonnet Dazz :D

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
:rofl:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
What Ya trying to do kill the poor bloke  :Shocked:,he can hardly see over the dash now  :whistler:,how the hell is he going to see past that in his up market Commy  :rofl:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Remember the movie Running On Empty? no need to see where you're going...just have to listen to that sweet sweet sound :honk:

Offline jesam

• 2nd Gear

• cy Cyprus
      kyrenia
Its just the start  engine work to be done soon but have to do my homework before i commit to spending loads of cash on things that really dont work and i think i will go for the RS  carbon fibre bonnet   :victory:
  • hyundai i30 2008 crdi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal