i30 Owners Club

World's safest airline named

FatBoy · 10 · 2163

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Well, I wasn't going to tell you in the title, otherwise you wouldn't open the topic to read.

:link: World's Safest Airlines for 2015

For those that say, "But what about all of the turn backs?"  Safety doesn't mean you continue and make your destination on time, it means you turn back or divert if you need to.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'll be flying with Scoot ( A branch of Singapore Airlines who wasn't mentioned in the list ) next month to Singapore, I've not heard anything bad about them  :Good_luck: and I definitely wasn't going AirAsia at this point in time.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I like Virgin's planes ..

Not in the top 10 but I think they are safe..  :Knock:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I like Virgin's planes ..

Not in the top 10 but I think they are safe..  :Knock:

I much prefer Qantas.  Their safety record speaks for itself.  While Virgin are a good airline, they aren't as "safe" as Qantas.

Their training is better (pilots, crew and engineers).  Not many people leave Qantas to go to other airlines, and it isn't just for the money (Qantas crews are paid well).  People want to be able to go home at the end of the working day.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I prefer to fly Qantas whenever I can.
I would fly Virgin.
I do not like to fly Jetstar, despite who owns it, as I've not had a good flight with them yet.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Regardless (or irregardless, if you are American; which is a made up word which means the same thing), flying on airlines in Australia is inherently safe.  They are well regulated, even the "Budget" airlines.

I prefer Qantas.  I would and have flown Virgin.  Jetstar is good for short hops (only as far as Hobart - Brisbane).  I don't like Tiger (poor on time performance and customer service).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I find Virgin, cheap, friendly and efficient. I have 5 flights booked with them in the next two weeks so hopefully they are also safe.

I don't mind Qantas, but I am tight.. and I avoid Jetstar like the plague! Cancelled flights/ indifferent service Etc..  :fum:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Virgin's staff seem to be younger and more attractive than the boilers that you can get on Qantas.  They even have male flight attendants for Dazz!!

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I don't know how you chaps manage it. I went to the airport to fly and couldn't find one anywhere. :Dunno:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I find Virgin, cheap, friendly and efficient. I have 5 flights booked with them in the next two weeks so hopefully they are also safe.

I don't mind Qantas, but I am tight.. and I avoid Jetstar like the plague! Cancelled flights/ indifferent service Etc..  :fum:

My youngest daughter flies Virgin by choice, reckons the planes are older but the service is better than Qantas.
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal