i30 Owners Club

Lane Safety Assist vs Lane Keeping Assist. What’s the difference?

lemerv · 3 · 1011

Offline lemerv

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Title pretty much says it. Haven’t found anything useful online. I have a 2022 base model. When driving they “seem” to do the same thing?? What am I missing?
  • 2022 i30 5d Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto and a 2014 GD 5d Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt, Auto

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Lane keep assist (when there are clear lane markings on both sides of the lane) will keep the car in the centre of the lane.

Lane safety assist will warn you if you move across a lane marking without using the direction indicators. In my car it very abruptly moves the steering to correct the trespass and sounds a warning. I switch mine off - it irritates me.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline lemerv

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Thanks. That’s what I thought but for my car Lane Safety Assist seems to be behaving like Lane Keeping Assist in that it is constantly steering me to the middle of the lane, well before I get close to touching the line.

I’ve had LSA on for a year now so am pretty familiar with what it feels like and how it behaves. Two days ago I turned on LKA (little green steering wheel icon appeared next to the LSA icon) on the freeway and didn’t notice any difference.
  • 2022 i30 5d Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto and a 2014 GD 5d Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt, Auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal