i30 Owners Club

warranty issue - intermittent fault, refusal to crank

Offline Dogsbody

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Railton, Tasmania
This issue was raised with Motors Devonport in July.  They had the car for a couple of days and I supplied a full description of the symptoms to assist the troubleshooting process.  The fault would not manifest during the time the car was with the dealer. The fault was logged for warranty purposes.  Today the problem reocurred, this time the car would not crank at all after 10 attempts.  Motors were contacted and they informed my wife that due to us not having the car serviced with a Hyundai dealer, the roadside assistance component of the warranty was forfeited.  This did not exactly impress me, especially since the fault had been logged and is known to this vehicle.  So I called Motors and got a very helpful receptionist who took my details and because I could not get anyone in the service department to answer the phone at 4.20 pm, she said she would go to the service department and give them my contact number and convey my message.  No one from Motors Devonport service department contacted me, no one  !  This is a factual account of my experience, it is not biased, just a statement of the facts.  I will rectify this fault myself and in doing so I will understand the problem and be more knowledgeable for the experience, something which I doubt is part of the business culture at Motors Devonport, to say nothing of the customer service, which in my opinion is sadly lacking. :fum:  Dennis Brown
  • MY14 i30 Elite CRDi Auto, white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Flexibility and common sense is sadly lacking these days. If the guidelines say no roadside service, they won't make an exception!  :fum:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Don't get the roadside assistance mixed up with warranty.  My understanding is that to maintain the roadside assistance, then you MUST get the car serviced at the dealer.  To maintain the warranty, you don't need to get it serviced at the dealer, just an approved mechanic using authorised parts.

Be persistent with them, the problem has been logged, get them to fix it.

Offline Dogsbody

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Railton, Tasmania
Yes, the fault has been logged.  No, they won't fix it till it's broke.  When it's broke it will be undriveable and I'm not trailering it to Devonport, that's just absurd.  So tonight I removed the starter and found some corrosion in the solenoidand main starter contactor.  See post in the diesel problems section.  My point - more trouble to get it to the dealer than to fix it myself. 
  • MY14 i30 Elite CRDi Auto, white

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal