i30 Owners Club

2012 GD i30 Elite CRDi auto

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Ok SatNav uses GPS to obtain time and can be confused by two different timezones.
Cant remember the exact wording but if you go into SatNav menu and find Region you can turn off auto timezone and set it to your own timezone.

Now off to drool over a real VF............

I had a look at changing this setting and still won't work as my time zone in SA is 8:30gmt and you can only choose whole hours, 8gmt or 9gmt. What a stupid set up this is!
That's a rather major fault if you ask me and I would think that Hyundai are obligated to either correct the issue with a firmware upgrade or replace the head unit with a type that works correctly.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Ok SatNav uses GPS to obtain time and can be confused by two different timezones.
Cant remember the exact wording but if you go into SatNav menu and find Region you can turn off auto timezone and set it to your own timezone.

Now off to drool over a real VF............

I had a look at changing this setting and still won't work as my time zone in SA is 8:30gmt and you can only choose whole hours, 8gmt or 9gmt. What a stupid set up this is!

Checked with a friend who has GPS, too. To get the time correctly displayed, you go to "Regional" in the setting menu, find the time setting and at the top of the screen make sure that "Auto" is ticked. When this happens, the GPS uses your car's location to determine the correct time zone. It will also adjust if you cross any time zone borders etc.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal