i30 Owners Club

Nline finally arrived

Offline robbo137

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi all

My black Nline finally arrived. Couldn’t be happier and it feels like a more expensive car than what it is! Spent the better part of 8 hrs detailing and then it rained and there was a dust storm  :crazy1:

Trying to upload some photos with no success. Keeps taking me to a blank page?
  • 2019 i30 Nline 1.6T

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Don't you hate that, black is the worst with dirty rain! You are clinking on "click here to an image to this post" and not + attachment?

I know the feeling.. my car recently after a dust storm and dirty rain!

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline robbo137

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
It is the worst feeling in the world Dazzler! It rained and the water beaded very well after using Marquiars Liquid Wax but the car after had these hard while like sandy grains all over it! I’m guessing this is the dirty rain you speak of? I’ll have another go at posting a pic or two?

Also, what fuel do you use for your SR dazzler? I was thinking RON 95 but from what I read 91 is good enough? I just can’t bring myself to put 91 in a turbo car!

And you were right.. I used the add attachment button instead :crazy1:

• 2019 i30 Nline 1.6T

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Looks good. I've traded my SR now but alternated between 91 and e10. Never had any issues with either. Tried 95 and 98 but didn't notice ant significant gains in performance or economy with either.

Yes, lots of wind then rain dumps the dust in the air all over our cars!  :crazy1:

Offline robbo137

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
oh.. What car are you going to get now? You don't seem to keep cars for all that long...

Ah yes, rain and wind and the dirt sticks to the car! This seemed different - almost like grainy white chalk dust all over the car.

I might run some tests but start with 95, then 91 - noting the engine should free up and get more efficient over time. I'm already receiving 7.6l/100km and i've only driven 400km and i've planted it more than a few times (no greater than 4k revs) - which i am pretty happy with!
  • 2019 i30 Nline 1.6T

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

oh.. What car are you going to get now? You don't seem to keep cars for all that long...

Ah yes, rain and wind and the dirt sticks to the car! This seemed different - almost like grainy white chalk dust all over the car.

I might run some tests but start with 95, then 91 - noting the engine should free up and get more efficient over time. I'm already receiving 7.6l/100km and i've only driven 400km and i've planted it more than a few times (no greater than 4k revs) - which i am pretty happy with!

I suspect there is some ash in the rain too.. My new car is in the picture.. a 2019 Toyota Hybrid Camry Ascent sport.. 5.2 L/100kms on E10,  a whisker under 5.0 if I use Premium.. not supposed to use 91, E10 Is ok, but unlike the SR premium seems to help economy, maybe because it is designed to run on that.

Offline robbo137

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
That is a good point re the ash. Nice choice on the Camry Ascent Sport! That is a very good result for fuel economy.

I am very surprised at how much grunt (torque) the Nline seems to have down low. Maybe i am just used to a standard naturally aspirated small car but it feels quite quick.

I look forward to hearing  a review of your new car in comparison to the SR.
  • 2019 i30 Nline 1.6T

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That is a good point re the ash. Nice choice on the Camry Ascent Sport! That is a very good result for fuel economy.

I am very surprised at how much grunt (torque) the Nline seems to have down low. Maybe i am just used to a standard naturally aspirated small car but it feels quite quick.

I look forward to hearing  a review of your new car in comparison to the SR.

The 1.6 T is an excellent motor almost all the benefits of the 1.6 diesel which we also owned one of except the economy.  The torque up hills was great and the economy was quite good too considering.

I've decided despite the Hybrid being a better car for our current lifestle, the SR was actually the best car we've ever had out of 34..

More to come in the next week or two re a comparison.

Offline robbo137

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
It certainly is and i can't believe the poise between sports/every driver that it seems to balance just so superbly. 10 years ago to get a car that had this sort of torque you'd have to compromise on comfort, cost, economy etc

That is a big call - but understandable. It is the best car I've ever owned but then again it is only my 4th and a very big step up in terms of trim.

Looking forward to it.
  • 2019 i30 Nline 1.6T

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal