i30 Owners Club

It's a Pleasure

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

The Fiesta
Some of you would know I have recently been driving a little manual Fiesta loan car and I know we're not comparing apples with apples, but, what a difference.

I would say the Fiesta is a little quieter on the road, due to sound insulation, but they must have forgotten the insulation  on the firewall, because you can hear the motor working. At 100 / 110 you're @ 3k revs which is 50% of the indicated rev range, because the motor was new, I never exceeded this speed. Climbing the hill out of Adelaide, I was forced to loose my momentum, due to speed restrictions for a vehicle breakdown at the steepest part of the hill climb. 2nd gear @ 40kmh foot down, ok, then 3rd and virtually nothing. It was woeful. I looked behind me and saw a custard with the skin on and the Fiesta was struggling to pull that skin off. Finally got to the top of the hill, back to 100 and pleasant driving. This is a fuel injected 1600 cc motor.

The i30

Driving home from the airport yesterday, 4 on board air cond on 37 Deg c outside.

Virtually the same trip. Did my usual climb at 80 kmh up the hill Over the hill and on the freeway. Some moron in a Ford V6 is sitting on my 7 o'clock, so I can't merge left and let cars behind, pass me. We're climbing a hill, the solution, 2 presses on the CC + & Ruby pulls like a draught horse up the hill, away from this idiot, no effort at all.
What a difference turbo & diesel make.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Maximum

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Boosting!
When I used to work at a dealership that sold used cars side by side with new cars, I drove a 2010 3 door Fiesta with the 1.6 and I was absolutely gobsmacked by the lack of power  :disapp: At the time I was driving a 1.3L 1995 model Swift which I felt would wipe the floor with it!  :snigger: The only car I've driven where I felt that the power put out by the motor was dangerous.
  • Veloster Turbo Manual in Marmalade

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal