When do you get up?

accim · 52 · 12209

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Don't know if we've had any topics like this.. Hope not. Okay, so simple.. What time do you usually get up in the morning? I'll start first  :mrgreen:

Monday-Friday: 6:20 am
Saturday: 7:00 am
Sunday: 8:00 am

You can also add info - when do you usually go to bed (not necessarily go to sleep, just to bed ;) ):

Monday-Thursday: 23h (11 pm)
Friday-Saturday: 23-01h (11 pm - 01 am)
Sunday: 23h (11 pm)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It varies... I probably average 6.30am most days but as some will have noticed can be as early as 5am or very occassionally, maybe one or twice a month 7am or 7.30am.. I call that a sleep in  :lol:

I don't start work until 1pm (so I don't have to get up early)  :rolleyes:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
It varies... I probably average 6.30am most days but as some will have noticed can be as early as 5am or very occassionally, maybe one or twice a month 7am or 7.30am.. I call that a sleep in  :lol:

I don't start work until 1pm (so I don't have to get up early)  :rolleyes:

That is why I started this topic  :happydance:

I start my work at 7 or 8 am. Depends.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Well for the last 6 months I'm used to waking up at 12 o'clock in the afternoon most of time with some rare exceptions  :D and I'm used to going to bed by 3 o'clock at night.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Bedtime is usually around 2, maybe 3am.....I crawl out of bed around 9-10am.  :razz:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Well for the last 6 months I'm used to waking up at 12 o'clock in the afternoon most of time with some rare exceptions  :D and I'm used to going to bed by 3 o'clock at night.

:scared:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
A nearby railway bridge is being removed/replaced so I moved my wakey wakey time forwards from 05:30 to 05:20 on workdays, to avoid the bottlenecks that occur around 06:30 (I miss the traffic by about 10 mins) otherwise it would add around an hour to my daily journey to work.

Weekends I get up when I wake up. Today that was 11:15 :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

:scared:
Rephrasing the Hyundai slogan:
"New work, new opportunities"

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
If I am working in London I have to be on that seven o'clock train, non stop (well only one stop) and be walking across the platform in London Euston for just after nine.  So on those days I have to be up at 6...

When I am working in Heswall (near Liverpool for the noon UK guys) or North Yorkshire I usually don't have to be there till around 9 or 10 so 7:30 is good enough.

All of the above only amounts to three or four days four or five if I am lucky, in an entire month.

So.....  on all the other morning I wake up whenever I wake, peek out, have a bit of a scratch, stroke the dog and tell him to hang on a bit longer then roll over and have another half hour, till whatever blooming time I want...   More than fifty years of being run by the clock, well, nowadays I do NOT wear a watch unless it's a work day  Yay   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
monday-saturday I'm up at 3.30am and start work at 4.00am.  :wacko: sunday is a sleep in day,usually till around 7.00-7.30am if I'm lucky.  :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
^^^
You mustn't have far to go to work, Steve.

Now then, when do I get up.
Whenever I damn well please. :happydance:
If I'm going surfing I get up about 30 -45 minutes before first light. In mid summer. I'm in the water at first light - around 4am. In midwinter that would be 6am
So around 3.30 in summer and 5.30 in winter.

If I'm working in Brisbane I get up around 5.15 am and leave home about 5.45am. Depending on which store I'm going to.

If I'm not working and there's no surf I'll normally get up about 6am, have a cuppa (tea - none of those tea bag crap either).

Then, if I've been surfing or am not working I'll get up again about 3 pm (after my afternoon nap). :cool: :cool: :whistler:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Gee.. This has turned out to be a fairly interesting thread  :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Depends.
If I go to bed at say 10.00 pm, I'd usually get up at 1.00 am, then 3.30 am & probably also 5.42 am.
I think it's caused by getting older.
Then I usually listen to the 7.00 am news on the radio & get up after that at about 7.05.
Unless it's a weekend, in which case I sleep in til about 8 or thereabouts  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Depends.
If I go to bed at say 10.00 pm, I'd usually get up at 1.00 am, then 3.30 am & probably also 5.42 am.
I think it's caused by getting older.

Good point.. I forgot about the other times I get up (can be anything between once and 6 or 7 times  :rolleyes:)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I would expect that when I get to 55  :P
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
On work days I usually set the alarm for 6am, but the "snooze" button can get a decent workout.

On weekends I get to sleep in, and get up when the kids get up, usually around 6:15am!!

FatBoy

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
It just occured to me this thread topic might mean something else entirely. :Shocked:

Well, TBH it occured to me when I first saw it, only to be a bit disappointed when I read the first couple of posts. :whistler:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
It just occured to me this thread topic might mean something else entirely. :Shocked:

Well, TBH it occured to me when I first saw it, only to be a bit disappointed when I read the first couple of posts. :whistler:

:rofl: :rofl:

BTW: I thought I was early, but seeing couple of you, waking up at 3am and hours like that..  :Shocked:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Just while you are thinking about what time you get up, keep this question in your mind:

What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Just while you are thinking about what time you get up, keep this question in your mind:

What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
I open my eyes. Can anyone does another thing?  :D

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
After opening my eyes and after snoozing my clock for 5-10 times (I set the clock at 6:00 if I have to wake up at 6:20 for example), I go to bathroom definitely, do the stuff there and then go drink or make the coffee. Can't do anything before drinking the coffee.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

After opening my eyes and after snoozing my clock for 5-10 times (I set the clock at 6:00 if I have to wake up at 6:20 for example), I go to bathroom definitely, do the stuff there and then go drink or make the coffee. Can't do anything before drinking the coffee.
I ceased to drink coffee in the mornings long time ago and switched to tea, think of it.
I may conclude I need about one hour before I'm ready to set off anywhere: having waken up, I have a breakfast, then I lie in the bed, watching TV, then bathroom.

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
When I was working I usually used to get up at 8:30 and get there by 9:30. Most of the time was having a bath and a cup of tea.

Though 6 years ago I retired at the grand old age of 54 and since then I mainly sleep very late - lunchtime usually. Not that I need many hours of sleep just have had bad insomnia for 15 years. When I was working I'd sometimes only have had two hours kip.

In the morning it is shower, shave, sh*t, shampoo. How come every bathroom activity starts with 'sh' ? :D  Then a coffee or two.

Offline TrishCW

• 5th Gear
  • SWMBO at Dazzler's House

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• My little "GEM"
I mostly rise at 6.oo am, first stop is the bathroom, then coffee, nothing gets done in our house till i've had my first coffee.

It's good being retired so that I can sleep in, I used to get up at 5.00 when I was working.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
^^^

it only takes me and my son 8-10 minutes to get to work.  :mrgreen: but it takes almost an hour to get home at night.  :wacko: :disapp:  my 19yo son is an apprentice welder/fabricator/fitter at my work :sweating: :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Up around 7am, bedtime is usually between 10 and 10.30pm, sleep time is not usually much before midnight though :winker: :whistler: :whistler:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Up around 7am, bedtime is usually between 10 and 10.30pm, sleep time is not usually much before midnight though :winker: :whistler: :whistler:

Blighmy Brian, takes you a long time to drink your Horlicks doesn't......     :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

In the morning it is shower, shave, sh*t, shampoo.
I'm not sure I like the order in which you do those things..... :scared:
^^^

it only takes me and my son 8-10 minutes to get to work.  :mrgreen: but it takes almost an hour to get home at night.  :wacko: :disapp:  my 19yo son is an apprentice welder/fabricator/fitter at my work :sweating: :lol:

Stop off at the Pub??? :happydance:
I ceased to drink coffee in the mornings long time ago and switched to tea, think of it.
I may conclude I need about one hour before I'm ready to set off anywhere: having waken up, I have a breakfast, then I lie in the bed, watching TV, then bathroom.
I have tea if I'm not going anywhere. Coffee if I'm going surfing or driving to Brisbane to work.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

I have tea if I'm not going anywhere. Coffee if I'm going surfing or driving to Brisbane to work.
Green tea is known to contain more caffeine, than coffee itself, by the way.  :)
I used to drink coffee too much before, I used to have a cup of this beverage even before going to bed and one day I realized I had had enough of it, so I chose a tea. Nowadays I'm used to drinking coffee in the afternoon only, the rest is dedicated to tea: either Rooibos, Pu-Er or Oolong; some sorts of Pu-Er tea are considered to be much more stronger than coffee, by the way.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Just plain black breakfast tea for me.
I'm a man of simple tastes. :P

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal