i30 Owners Club

Accessories are they worth it?

tatef · 9 · 6780

Offline tatef

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
I am looking at getting Rear & Front Mud Flaps, a Rear Bumper Protector and Headlight and Bonnet Protectors for my i30 GD.

Are these worth getting?

Please advise..thanks
  • i30 Elite Petrol (auto)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Hi Tatef,

Front and rear mudflaps are well worth the expense.  I don't have bonnet protectors nor headlight protectors on my car, so I can't comment on those.  However, I did have a bonnet protector on an old car that I had, from my experience a lot of "rubbish" gets caught under the protector (rocks, leaves, etc) and this causes more scratches to the paint than anything else.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :whsaid: about the bonnet protector (and the mud flaps)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Rear & Front Mud Flaps,

Are these worth getting?

I have these and are the best thing to have given our wet and dirty roads.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I am looking at getting Rear & Front Mud Flaps, a Rear Bumper Protector and Headlight and Bonnet Protectors for my i30 GD.

Are these worth getting?

Please advise..thanks

The rear bumper protector is worth having as I consider the painted horizontal section below the lip is extremely vunerable to marks and scratches.

http://hyundai-i30.sgpetch.co.uk/pages/accessories/detail/model=419/category=load-area/accessory=Moulded+Rear+Bumper+Protection/id=12810

I have the 2011 version (no recess) at £40 so it seems the price is lower for the 2012 models

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I have the front & rear flood maps mud flaps, plus I got the rear cargo tray and a dashmat too.
All good and worthwhile IMO.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
$60 to $90 headlight protectors compared to $198 to $290 per headlight cracked glass,I'll go headlight protectors every time.

Bonnet protector,$90,this one is so so doesn't stop you getting stone chips on the bonnet,you just don't get the chips on the very front of your bonnet,Oh and there is the added bonus that the bonnet protector can possibly deflect a stone into your windscreen,I have had it happen just recently,cost the insurance company a windscreen,only reason I got one on it smooths the lines with the light protectors.

Mudflaps, what ever you do DON"T buy them from Hyundai,on line they are $44 full set(Hyundai $48 front $48 rear plain Jane's) the ones on line have the Hyundai symbol or you can get them with Hyundai printed on them, for the size of them not overly sure they actually do anything,but just finish the car off.

Rear bumper protector not sure what you are referring to,whether it is the load protector your talking about or the nudge block protectors you speaking about,can't comment on either haven't got em.

accessorising a car is personal preference, I have seen them with vinyl graphics pasted on and over them,for me personally why would you do that to a perfectly good paint job,but that is the owners preferred preference,I've said it before here I won't even have stickers on the windows,I begrudgingly leave the service sticker on the windscreen.

nice set of wheels,but I can only just live with the Hyundai mags on Bruce(only because I haven't got a spare $2000  for a nice set of wheels for him)
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Headlights are now plastic, so no glass to protect, I am unsure if they save the lens from the 'weathered' look you get on older cars, but the chemical treatment to fix it costs half of the protectors anyway.

Ditto what everyone has said about the bonnet protector.

I haven't had mud flaps. I quite like the way the 'spray' causes people not to tailgate on the highway in the wet.

The only accessories I have are floor mats (and you don't have to work too hard to get these thrown in when you buy). I would consider the rubber mat for the hatch too.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline ElleB

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Our Elle B
 :wts: about the mud flaps,,, especially the looking on line....be careful that what you buy is right for your model  ie hatch or CW... thay are not the same.
Having a CW, I made my own rear matt.. Just went to Clark Rubber and bought some ribbed matt, cut it carefully and "presto", it sure keeps the under lying carpet spick and span for resale or trade.

Also bought an I phone adaptor , to plug into the consol, online for charging the phone and playing music through the sound system... very inexpensive ...about $11 from memory.

Others say that the window shields work well, ....they might be next.

Floor matts are a given !!

Hope this helps..   :)

• 2016 i30 CW auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal