i30 Owners Club

Tow Bars

Zoom · 9 · 5055

Offline Zoom

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Dandenong, Melbourne
Hi Peeps!

Been a while!  Can anyone offer suggestions in the big wide world of tow bars for I30?  We will only ever tow a small trailer. Not meant for Caravans

I like to use Hyundai pricing as a guide line so I got one priced fitted for $1000 from them.  My Ultra Tune mechanic will get someone in to fit it complete for $450.  I can buy them on line for about $450, but then need to get it fitted.  So far my Ultra Tune guy has the best deal.

Also I am wondering what differences there are in tow bars.  Are there heavy duty & light duty? Does the tow bar need to have a minimum towing requirement or anything?

ZOOM!
 :happydance:
  • 2012 I30 Premium

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
Don't know about the GD's but the FD's have two different types for the hatch. Genuine hyundai are the only ones that have a "removable tongue" style hitch with the pin. While all other after market supplies have a bolt on tongue.

• Hyundai i30

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Don't know about the GD's but the FD's have two different types for the hatch. Genuine hyundai are the only ones that have a "removable tongue" style hitch with the pin. While all other after market supplies have a bolt on tongue.
Genuine or Hayman Reese.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Also I am wondering what differences there are in tow bars.  Are there heavy duty & light duty? Does the tow bar need to have a minimum towing requirement or anything?

ZOOM!
You'll see the weight class differences here :link: Hayman Reese - Towbars - hayman reese

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Hi Peeps!

Been a while!  Can anyone offer suggestions in the big wide world of tow bars for I30?  We will only ever tow a small trailer. Not meant for Caravans

I like to use Hyundai pricing as a guide line so I got one priced fitted for $1000 from them.  My Ultra Tune mechanic will get someone in to fit it complete for $450.  I can buy them on line for about $450, but then need to get it fitted.  So far my Ultra Tune guy has the best deal.

ZOOM!

I'd be tempted to go Hayman Reese as I've never been overly impressed with the genuine Hyundai jobby...and as an added bonus they are manufactured next door to you...in Keysborough!  :D  :goodjob:

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
Hayman Reese only do "light duty" towbars rated at 1200kg. The only Medium duty towbar they make for the FD Wagons, which is the one with the square hitch and removable tongue .
  • Hyundai i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hayman Reese only do "light duty" towbars rated at 1200kg. The only Medium duty towbar they make for the FD Wagons, which is the one with the square hitch and removable tongue .
That's not the information that Hayman Reese supply... Light duty at 1300kg with 75kg ball weight.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

That's all your FD is rated to tow anyhow, Jesse91....  :)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Isn't the topic about Zoom's i30 GD :confused:

FD is  this one
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:13:40 by CraigB »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal